Vacation to Langkawi June 3 to June 6

Hello All,
Am Syed from India settled in KL since 2 years.
I am planning a vacation to Langkawi from June 3 returning June 6.
2 more friends from India joining me. so its 3 so far.

The Idea is to go Road Trip and back by Flight (preferabley Air Asia)
Take a bus from Puduraya (KL) to Kuala Kedah (journey time 5 hours) costing 40 RM
From there take a jetty to Langkawi Island (journey time 2 hours) costing 20 RM
Return on June 6 from Langkawi to KL by Flight (Journey time 1 hour) costing 100 RM

(i know taking a flight to Langkawi is much easier, less time consuming and less stress, but the plan is to go road trip and enjoy the scenic beauty what the journey has to offer and besides 2 hours boat ride will be thrill and fun).

Reaching Langkawi 3rd June and relaxing in any Pantai Cenang Resort or go night walking in the night market or sea side.

4th June full day tour starting 9 am till 4pm costing 100RM per head - more the people lesser the price (Fish Farm, Crocodile Cave, Eagle Feeding, Open Sea (Andaman Sea), Mangroves Sightseeing, Pulau Beras Basah, Around Pulau Singa Besar, Pulau Dayang Bunting  The pregnant Maiden Lake)
(I feel this is value for money)

5th June - Other water activities and a visit to Langkawi bridge by cable car.

6th June - Relax in the beach and head to airport in the afternoon back to KL.

I know this is on weekdays but this is the plan.
Trust me I havent been to Langkawi myself, this is purely based on my Internet Research.

OK - some facts. The bus journey from KL to the jetty in Kedah will take at least 6 hours. The ferry is overnight and takes more than 2 hours. It takes about 1 hr to travel from the ferry terminal to Cenang beach. The cost of taxis is rather high on Langkawi because it is a tourist trap in general. For example, it is at least RM30 from the airport to Cenang (about 10 minutes drive). The sky bridge has been closed for repair for 2 years.

Biggest problem - it is the rainy season now on Langkawi (as it is in south western Thailand its close neighbour). This may not particularly affect sightseeing, but it may not be beach weather, or you should expect the possibility of heavy rain for part of the day. It is also school holidays in that time, so potentially accommodation prices and airfares will be higher and there may be less availability for late bookings. The best beaches are elsewhere in Langkawi, but you can always walk along Cenang and see what is going on.

:o 
Thanks for your inputs Gravitas.
But my friends have booked their tickets to KL already and they would kill me if I dont take them to Langkawi..
Well, As I said this was purely on my internet research and I did not consult anyone before I posted this.
Good you shared few points on the travel.

If tickets are booked, then go for it. I went to langkawi at exactly this time of the year and it was fun. slight rain but didnt dampen the fun. dont miss the seven wells waterfall near the cable car :-) have fun!

r the flight tickets really just 100rm? which airline? is this final fare or before taxes and surcharges?

:)
Thanks man.. Appreciate your encouragement..!!!

I checked a week ago in airasia for the above said dates.. KL to Langkawi and return is 200 RM with the taxes (minus luggage charges).

if june is rainy season so is July much wetter? is it worth going to Langkawi in July and without the Skybridge? Or should i just skip Langkawi and head off to Phuket? is the weather there that wet too ?

if june is rainy season so is July much wetter? is it worth going to Langkawi in July and without the Skybridge? Or should i just skip Langkawi and head off to Phuket? is the weather there that wet too ?

Just Google Phuket and look at the Wikipedia page as it has the climate stats. Phuket is very rainy too now, right through to October. Some beaches are dangerous as well.