Cost of living in Belgium

u know what living in belgium i dont know how much u need max what u survive,,,,my husband working alone and 900euro/moths,400 euro/moths tax, for work...
so home rent 400 euro/months+80 euro electric,in the roof small room
food 120-200 /month/week, even in cheap shop like LIDL,,,i spend so much money,,,and not buy normal food,and max /1 day 30 euro,,,,and still not enogh,
so how need to survive????

in belgium so expensive more than uk,,,,in uk cheaper,,,,:(

The minimum NET wage for a full timer in Belgium is more than 900 a month!

so tell me how to survive whith 900 euro when is cost expensive....

The minimum salary in Belgium working a full time 38 hour week, after tax and social security is a bit over €1,200 a month, not €900.

You survive on it like everyone else who receives that salary. A room in a shared house can cost as little as €400 a month inclusive of bills in some areas of Brussels, would be less if you live in a cheaper city. I spend about €30 per head per week on food, so around €130 should be a minimum for food.

So if your husband is receiving 900 a month and working a full time job, he is 300 under the national minimum salary.

hmmm so u can count how much 7day/ week  26 working day 35euro/day

we living sepret becose we dont like to shearing room and toylet

how i say 400+80 home rent,,,,electrick bill

and for food max i spend ewery 2days/ 1 day 30 euro in LIDL....

400 euro tax society,,,,

so now u tell me how is that?????

meat or chicken cost from 4-9 euro/kg for 1-2 times

rise 5kg- 9euro

chapaty flour 3kg- 7euro

we are husband & wife we can't shearing like room or some thing els....

so how like that survive?????

You live in secret?
You work a 7 day week and earn 35 euro a day?
Are you actually legally in Belgium?
The national minimum wage is 1200 net for a single person, do dependents.

i am legall my husban as well he have orange card but next week he get normal belgium card

we not live in secret,,,,but u know how live shearing and sepret????

so thats is point how like that survive from 1 person pocket /2 person????

i am europe LITHUANIAN my husband PAKISTAN so he working and i am stay in home i can't find job

he working ladies cloths selling,,,,

traveling 160 euro /moths from brussel to chaleroi

so how and what we need to do and how survive???

we are so strugling for that

if u like u can chek in
facebook MILDA RANA KHURRAM

skype khurammilda

+32489665888

Why don't you both work then? Why does your husband work an illegal salary ? If you're not working the national minimum full time monthly salary is actually around €1,400 so that is the minimum he should be paid if he is working full time. That is after tax and social security.

People are crying out for titres-services cleaners in Brussels, that would bring in another €1k per month if you did it full time.

Why on earth does anyone spend €160 a month in travelling Brussels-Charleroi? Why don't you live in Charleroi? A season ticket on the train is less than €160 a month and employers should be paying some of that too.

becose we can't find out like that job were we can working and surving beter

i am looking as well job titres services but when i start work so only for 5 days max becose there saying have problem whith clients i do how saying but still have problem,,,,

and my husband working like that becose as well can't find job like in factory or any kind of job....

actiris not provide for job we going ewery week,,,,we not geting any kind benefit,,,,living like homless

but your husband is in an illegal job and should report it to Actiris or whoever as he is receiving 500 euro less than the minimum per month.

There are loads of titres-services agencies and if you signed up with one and posted an advert on Brussels Expats that you're available, you'd be able to build up 30 hours of work easily.

we living in brussel 2 years nobory not give any advise how exekly need to survive ...so we living like that and strugling,,,,no normal jobs,,,,

what we eat????? from lidl have some salad small box 79-85 cent and bread 72cent,,woter 6 botle /pak 3 euro..

washing cloths stuff 4 euro/botle,,,

for cat..for toylet 3 euro,,,meat 8 small pak 2 euro,,crips 2 euro

i buy and i think what i buy???? and 30 euro gone,,,,,

than i go 1 euro shop i buy shower gel,,cleaning stuf..pads,,

were come from and quikly gone

like that we survive????

why do you buy water?
You should be able to do a weekly shop for 2 for 60 euro.
Our children drink tap water or milk, rarely anything else.
Not so much meat as indeed it's expense.

schoolmum wrote:

why do you buy water?
You should be able to do a weekly shop for 2 for 60 euro.
Our children drink tap water or milk, rarely anything else.
Not so much meat as indeed it's expense.

I buy a water too. The water at house it's really bad to drink :( I think is the same at a lot of cities in Belgium but nobody knows that.

hello can u tell me how u surviving in belgium

MILDA KHURRAM wrote:

hello can u tell me how u surviving in belgium

Hi Milda,
It seems like you are struggling to survive here in Belgium.
I would suggest that you go find your local OCMW and VDAB offices, they are a government bodies who can advise you on many aspects of living and working in Belgium.
from your posts I think you are in a bad situation and could do with some proper advice from people who know your personal circumstances.
Find your local offices and explain your current living/working situation and maybe they can help you.
Good luck

hello me and my husband living 2 years nobory not can helping no vdab no any goverment
i dont know how we strugling more??? we cant get any benefit nothing,,,,,no jobs nobory not can get help,,,,,