Study Pakistan as an Overseas (Self Finance) on slightly lower merit

Dear All,

I want to know the procedure to sponsor the Education of my brother in UET or any other prestigious Engineering Institution in Pakistan. I have heard that as an oversees Pakistani I have some relief in merit of the child (Quota). Please guide me about this situation.

Thanks and Regards...

ffaisal,

Self finance or overseas sponcered finance scheme is not a new concept in Pakistan where the universities create some extra seats for some "special self finance students" at slightly lower enterance requirements.

NED University, UET and FAST have been offering these seats and the rules change from year to year and from one university to another.

The best bet would be to explore the city where your son is residing and personally visit the admission office. You might also get a lot  of information from the web site of the university..

I would like to offer a little advice my brother: Why do you want to choose engineering profession for you son when he is weak and struggling to get into the admission process? Engineering is not a joke and it normally takes four years to complete a BS and another two for Master's degree. The course is full of high level calculas and anslytical subjects. Now a days a lot of new fields have emerged eg Media, Cellular Communications, Security Systems, Forensic Sciences, Environmental Sc,, Alternate Energy etc. where your son may have interest and strengths.

You may also  consider sending your son to universities outside Pakistan that are not expensive and have good acceptability and recognition in the employment market, Qatar for example where he can learn Arabic also in addition to a professional qualification, which is very easy for Urdu speakers and students who know Quran. Germany is another country worth exploring for education.

You may send me an email and I might be able to guide you more specifically.