Studying Mandarin in Beijing

Hi all,

I am really excited about learning Mandarin in Beijing. But I am so confused as to which institutions to pick! Have googled and done a little bit of research and right now, I know I want to be in Beijing, studying Mandarin, at a university. Would like to avoid the private language schools.

I do not know any Mandarin at the moment but I am intending on coming to Beijing to learn Mandarin for 1 year on an intensive course. Does anybody know which are the best universities to study Mandarin in Beijing? Any other thoughts or useful advice?

Would appreciate your replies. Thanks!

either Beijing Languages and culture university or Beijing Renmin University.

heard those two are quite popular in Beijing.

Good luck!

hi~Beijing Foreign Studies University or Beijing Language and Culture University will both be fine,but i prefer the former one.My university is just around the BFSU and there are many foreign students like u.
Plus:hope we can make good friends,and i can teach you chinese through everyday life and learn from you.If you have any questions about China,i am glad to help.

you can email me at: [email protected]

Sasa Yan, thanks for that!

But more importantly, why do u prefer BFSU, rather than BLCU?

So I met up with a friend who used to study at BLCU and she has given really rave reviews on the place! Another friend has promised to give feedback - but her preliminary response is that it's fabulous. Sounds like everybody loved their experience at BLCU.

Sasa also reverted to me via email but she is of the view BFSU is a better institution when compared to BLCU.

I think Peking University might have some Mandarin courses there but it is highly likely that you can't get in with zero knowledge. I believe there is a minimum entrance level.

Anybody else with more ideas on universities offering language courses in Beijing (max 1 year)?

best of luck beach bebe