Sokhna ....Where ??

when i visit Cairo in a few weeks to see the job situation. and organising moving there, in my free time I want to go to Sokhna for a few days.
BUT i am not even sure where it is ...i have looked at a few internet sites , but some map links i click on i have ended up looking at Cairo .
Is it near  Cairo ? ..are there many foreign tourists, as it says the hotel are mainly Egyptian owned, and used by  Cairoeans (if that is how you say it).
I will be going alone and not even sure wether that is a good choice to get away for a few days!! any advice would be apprecaited :)

Sokhna is 1 hour drive from Cairo on the way to Hurghada. You can search google maps, just type ‘Ayn Sukhnah, As Suways, Egypt.

I have only been there once, stayed in Stella di Mare resort and I was very impressed. The hotel is amazing and although most people are from Cairo there were plenty of foreigners too. You can look them up online, they have their own website. The hotel, I mean, not the tourists!

Not sure about going alone, though...it seems to be a safe place but you always get the odd guy trying it on :)

Aykalam wrote:

Sokhna is 1 hour drive from Cairo on the way to Hurghada. You can search google maps, just type ‘Ayn Sukhnah, As Suways, Egypt.

I have only been there once, stayed in Stella di Mare resort and I was very impressed. The hotel is amazing and although most people are from Cairo there were plenty of foreigners too. You can look them up online, they have their own website. The hotel, I mean, not the tourists!

Not sure about going alone, though...it seems to be a safe place but you always get the odd guy trying it on :)

WOW thanx ....so i now know where it is .....i will check out the website ..
Yes is obviously has  differant spellings.
i  will check out this resort , and see what the best one.
Its a matter of me going alone as i will be in Cairo alone ....and Sokhna was what i thought a good choice, as it is obviously quieter than Sharm and Hurghada
So thanx for that info 
Sofie

it's caironese, not cairoans ;)

hii sofie as you know in egypt you will find security every where so wherever you go you will be safe  and i think your choise is really better as EL SOKHNA is an amzing place you 'll never forget and you can spend good time there with fascinating nature , i have been there twice but take care of sunlight ...it might hurt you...  and i wish you have nice time there

Thanx Moh for the insight.
Iam sure it is going to to be a great little getaway from the craziness of Cairo ....and yes than for letting me know about the security ,
Of course it will be secure as it is in Hurghada and Sharm . i will look forward to booking it ,
Yes good advice on how strong the sun is in Egypt and especailly there, as i can imagine it is hotter than by the Red SEA

backtothesuture wrote:

it's caironese, not cairoans ;)

:lol:Thanx for clearing that up for me .....so its Caironese and not Cairoans ,  will remember :)

Ain Sokhna is indeed an hour drive, but: from outside of Cairo! If you have to come from downtown then it can take an hour to reach the outside of Cairo! And I think it is hotter in Hurghada (more south) than in Sokhna.

Hi Sofie7,

I'm actually living in Stella di Mare hotel (Ain Soukhna). Quiet and nice beach. Perfect for chilling out during day and night. Contact me if you want, maybe we can arrange something!

Talk to you later