New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourself here

Hello
I'm italian and looking forward to making new friends and exercising with my french in exchange of my italian!
I speack also english. I'd like to meet people from 30 to 60. (I'm over 40) - Living in Brussels from less than 2 years.

Regards

Stella

Hi All, I'm Svetlana and I'm from Ukraine.
we are about to move to Brussels and I'm collecting all info regarding renting apartment and school for my daughter.  I still not define the commune to live and try to find out the school to go and depending on it the commune to rent the lodgement.  I would appreciate any info on primary school for a girl of 10 years old not speaking french.
thank you.

Hi everyone..My name is Mercy..just relocated from Dubai,but originally from Kenya.I have been living in Kortenberg for the past 10 months now.Its alright but my greatest challenge is finding employment,since language is really a determining factor.I have been attanding flemish classes in Zaventem with VDAB..but i guess,it def takes a while...

good to meet you all.:)

Kumusta people! :) I am a filipino dutch from holland and I really want to move to Antwerp for some reasons. I wish to visit Antwerp this week to look around if it is really something for me the problem is I don't know anybody in Antwerp. Pls. make me your friend hehehe and maybe meet this week :-) and pls. help me look around and find my starting point in Antwerp.
View topic

Hi Everyone! My friends call me amore Im a filipino dutch and I am a very interested in transferring to antwerp for family reasons. My filipino husband is here in holland with schengen visa. I was advised by a lawyer and confirmed it by the immigration police in our area to transfer to belgium with him and our child so that he can stay under EU family law with no problems since I and my child are dutch citizens. That is my main reason why I really need to transfer to antwerp as soon as I can. Pls. excuse me for sharing my life :-). I just don't know where to start and kinda desperate to find any job and place to stay in Antwerp as soon as possible. Any help pls :-( I am really willing to sacrifice my life here in holland just to keep my family whole.  :sosad:

i wana stay here with a suitable restaurant job tnx

hi! i don't understand what you said and what you meant.

magdalend wrote:

i wana stay here with a suitable restaurant job tnx

hi! i don't understand what you said and what you meant.

sorry i wanna stay belgium nd i feel comfort nd tnx for make me a mamber

do you have a viber?

Hello there! I am looking for people who lives in Aalst, Belgium. I just would like to ask for some advice because I know that each city has its own implemented rules and regulations. Can someone help me? It would be highly appreciated. Hope to hear from anyone. Thanks!

Hello All,

@MissKath : I invite you to create a New thread with the question you need to ask in the Belgium Forum. I am sure that members around will do their best to help you!

Regards

Kenjee

Amore_Amore wrote:

Hi Everyone! My friends call me amore Im a filipino dutch and I am a very interested in transferring to antwerp for family reasons. My filipino husband is here in holland with schengen visa. I was advised by a lawyer and confirmed it by the immigration police in our area to transfer to belgium with him and our child so that he can stay under EU family law with no problems since I and my child are dutch citizens. That is my main reason why I really need to transfer to antwerp as soon as I can. Pls. excuse me for sharing my life :-). I just don't know where to start and kinda desperate to find any job and place to stay in Antwerp as soon as possible. Any help pls :-( I am really willing to sacrifice my life here in holland just to keep my family whole.  :sosad:

Hello Amore! If you are now visiting in Antwerpen, you should buy the newspaper "Vlan" and or visit the website "immoweb" you should be able to find apartments and make appointments to visit them. Regarding the job, you can always consult job finding agencies like VDAB and Actiris. Hope this will help you find your way around in Antwerpen. Good luck!

Hello, I have just moved to Antwerp with my bf for work. I originally come from Ireland but have lived in Australia for the last 3 years. I moved back to Europe to be closer to family but being in Antwerp means I can still live the exciting expat life. Looking to make females friends around 20's-30's (same as me) who enjoy chatting, wine, shopping etc...

Hello all
I am Yaya from Thailand. I am 22 yrs
I would like to be friend with you all. I live in Antwerp and work as an Aupair. I like talking with people (but my English is not perfect) taking photo,hang out at the cool place! I love art,music,children. Nice to meet you!

Hi there, my name is faith, I moved to Brussels this month, I'm from London. I'm also am looking for people to meet though I'm not here to study, I just got my degree.

I was born in belgium , raised in belgium, flanders side and i have been sick of belgium for over a decade now. I intend very much to not spend my remaining good decades of life in the second most taxed country of europe paying for five governments living in a small town where ive been stuck for years now.

However, i'll be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability. My personal goal is to move off to asia since europe isnt far away enough from here but it will take me quite a few more years before i get there (barring a lottery ticket or something) if i wanna do it right.

The story of my life is a bit too long for one post and quite irrelevant as well here. If i can get in touch with people who know what its like in the island group round vietnam to india and china and japan i'll be more than happy to stay in touch. Im way from getting there but i feel its not too early to start exploring options.

thanks

Hi,
   My name is Muhammad Awais and i am Pakistani. I am live in Pakistan. I am searching for any kind of a job like dish washing, kitchen assistance or for doing the cleaning in restaurants\pizzeria\hotel or anywhere else. I am energetic,honest, trustworthy, multi tasking and able to manage more than one task at a time

(moderated: off topic + please note that you should introduce yourself here)

Hi everyone

My name is Fazel, Originaly I am from Iran, but I live in Oslo. I will move to ghent in first of september for starting my PhD. But before that I want to learn more about Belgium and its Culture. So it will be great if any one who has a experience as a Expat in Belgium give me advices and tips for living in Ghent. :D.

Thanks

[ Moderated : Inappropriate content ]

Hallo, I am from Romania, and next week I shall move to Belgium. I m here to make Belgian friends, and to help Belgian people in Romania.

Ask away Ronald, belgium is not the most friendly of countries but you'll find some helpful people here and there

[Moderated: Wrong Language. Post in English only on the Anglophone section of the Belgium forum.]

I know they are not so friendly :). But I make money there, and that s the most important thing for me. Are you Belgian? Do you live in Romania?

Try Erasmus

Hi, I'm Chris, a British Expat who has been living in Belgium for the grand total of four years now.

I live out in East Flanders, a short distance away from Brussels.

I come and go on this forum but will quite happily answer any questions (if possible) that any of you 'newbies' might need answers too, just drop me a PM and I'll get back to you the next time I log in.

Regards.

Hello I'm Heather from the USA. I am married to a Belgian and will hopefully be moving to Antwerp soon. I'm kind of nervous about it because I am a little worried about finding a job. I can't sit at home all day while hubby is working. How is the job market there?

Hi Katie,

Just curious, when are you planning on moving to Belgium? Do you have a date set yet?

Cheers,
Irina

Hello,
Thank you for the welcome.
Our company has recently invested in a great duplex appartment in the building project 'Glazen Huis' in Antwerp. This appartment has 2 bed rooms, is fully furbished ( incl. China, cutlery, etc... ) and available for rent starting from 1st of August 2014. It is located in the center of the city. We would like to offer this appartment for rent through the Expat.com.

Job Market in Flanders in general and in Antwerp in particular I believe to be much more diversified than the one in Wallonia. However the main issue is language. Most of the jobs starting with the lowest level require to speak Dutch. And if you do speak Dutch they ask for French. And if you speak both they ask for English :D. I managed to find work only in Katona Natie as my only language I speak beside my own is English.
In Bruxelles however it seems to be different. International companies accepts only English if you have a solid CV.

How much does it cost the rent per month? Do you ask for that deposit thing?

You should try Katona Natie, I recommend you some interims in Antwerp: Konvert, Ago, Synergie jobs

Hello, I'm ilse and I live in sint niklaas. Im a local. I'm married to a Ghanaian and have 1 daughter. I would like to meet new people (woman) from all nationality. I love the African culture so I would also like to meet African woman or woman with an African husband. I'm muslim so muslim woman feel free to add me.

Hi , My Name is Rufahi ,27 , i live in Belgium Brussels, Im local and im Single . My Nationality is Ghana , i am here in Belgium to look for work and make a living here .

You should try Katona Natie, I recommend you some interims in Antwerp: Konvert, Ago, Synergie jobs

Hey everyone, my name is Presilia
A London girl who actually grew up in Brussels (as a small child). I'm moving to Brussels at the beginning of next month to start my traineeship at the Council of Europe and would love to meet new people

hope you are all well :)

Try Antwerp :)

Hello all,

Welcome to Expat.com Presilia  :)

What are your interests, what do you like doing in your spare time?

All the best,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Hi!

I'm Radka, from Slovakia and I will be in Hasselt since September. I will be studying there Master's for one year and have no further plans.

I will have studio available and if you are interested I can share it with 1 other person.

Enjoy :)

Closed