We have one day

Hi all, in April we are going on a cruise that will stop in Belize City for one day. We are in the process of looking at different places to retire, Belize is one of them. We don't want to do a jungle tour or some other cruise excursion. We would like to find an  ex pat that would be willing to meet with us to gelp us with some insight on retiring in Belize.

That is a tall request. I think it best to let us know what you think you would like. That way an appropriate person could offer their thoughts to you.
Are you a beach person / want to live there - then the beach gang of Expats would be best. If you want farm land then the farming types would be better.
Do you want dryer weather or you like more rain for growing things, and more variety of things?
Do you think the QRP program is the way you will go, or both become residents, or a mixture as we did?

I think that if you can tell us this, then an appropriate person may be able to step forward. Though Belize is small, the difference in the type of life style, and locations can be large, and thus getting someone with your line of thinking as it is now would be best.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the insite, we don't really want to live at the beach,. We feel that we can get there on the days we want to be beach bums. We are California folks and the humidity is a small issue. Right now what we are loking for is a small introduction to Belize. I know one day is not near enough time to make any kind of judgement on the country and it's people. We are just not looking for the cruise excursion junk, just a quick look to see if we want to come back for an extended stay.. Thanks again

What about doing a short day trip somewhere like the Belize Zoo or Altun Ha Ruins? This will allow for you to see a bit of the country aside from Belize City.

A few years back, we did a private cab to Altun Ha with friends who were in on a cruise ship.  Our cab driver was really nice and he took us to a great local place for lunch along the way and told us a lot about the country.