Urgent questions regarding some social issue

Dear, friends,

I lived here for 4 months already, my gf is coming here to visit me, I really want to know a question: is it ok to live with my girl friend in a hotel here in al ain? I guess I cannot check in two unmarried I'd here in a same room. People r talking abt the severe regulations regarding this issue, I really want to know he case here in al ain. Is it extremely dangerous ? I understand this is against some kind of requirement here, but anyone please indicate any useful information?

P.s., my apartment is male only so we really cannot live in there.

I need help regarding this, plz, you can also send me message!

Thanks in advance.

what i know is that it is illegal .Why dont contact any hotel in al ain ?

dude. just pic a good brand hotel. They will need only your GF passport copy.
You can stay with out any trouble as much as you can.

But wont they inquire about your relationship to this person? especially if you are in the same room? that doesn't happen?

I don't know, I'll check

Thanks, man....
Well, you know, here r only quite limited numbers of hotel here in al ain. I will see....

Hey, bro, that's also what my concern is..... Really want to see people's previous experience under similar situation

if you are in a STANDARD hotel, no questions will be asked. and no one will even bother you.

But there are some hotels who are strict in their policies. But luxury hotels... no. They will need an ID proof. No one will bother you, Unless you dont pay the room rent.

So its better to ask them, explain the situation.

Harbin institute wrote:

Hey, bro, that's also what my concern is..... Really want to see people's previous experience under similar situation

i think you can do some home work in tripadvisor dot com. You can get a complete review of angry as well as happy people visited. ;)

Jam_bo wrote:

But wont they inquire about your relationship to this person? especially if you are in the same room? that doesn't happen?

If you are well dressed up. Probably no. But its always betteri recommend you to check out the tripadvisor website.

If you are well dressed up. Probably no. But its always betteri recommend you to check out the tripadvisor website.

Yea, that makes sense.  Appearance can go a long way.  Thanks for the advice on checking trip advisor, travel blog boards, etc.. 

**I just remembered reading something online that another person advised in these cases - "have a contingency plan" between you and your Lady.  JUST in case you are casually questioned.   Be prepared to just say, "yea, where engaged to be married".  Don't volunteer info**but If asked about a ring..."couldn't afford one, yet."..."haven't set a date yet"  blah blah blah...just be cool and sell it like a car salesman...sux if you would have to go this route, BUT the wise plan for the unexpected, right?  jus' sayin.  Good luck, Harbin Institute.

Aha, thanks, man, nice idea. I did have a ring, lol... Anyway, let me check tripadvisor soon

cutesnifer wrote:

if you are in a STANDARD hotel, no questions will be asked. and no one will even bother you.

But there are some hotels who are strict in their policies. But luxury hotels... no. They will need an ID proof. No one will bother you, Unless you dont pay the room rent.

So its better to ask them, explain the situation.

Hey, dude, I don't know what u meant by standard, anyway, I reserved a four-star hotel in town center,,, I hope it's gonna be fine...

Aha, thanks, man, nice idea. I did have a ring, lol... Anyway, let me check tripadvisor soon

I can't take credit, my friend.  There was a different site that I saw which gave that advice.  Just thought i'd share.  Good luck and safe trip over.  By the way, please post how it goes, If you don't mind...**hope its a breeze.

Hey, dude, I am back, I was so scared at that time, I let my gf check in at reception and then I left to a restaurant. I came back and I entered, nobody even notice.... Sorry I cannot give experience how they would react if they. Caught me, but at least nothing happened and nobody notice at all. For a little better hotel, as everybody knows, it's more like a big compound, huge lobby, several dining options in site, coffee shops, so basically no one will notice you. Just don't act like you are so unfamiliar with the hotel and curiously looking and there, other than that? Nobody notice you...... Cheers

see . .. i told you :)

Harbin institute wrote:

Hey, dude, I am back, I was so scared at that time, I let my gf check in at reception and then I left to a restaurant. I came back and I entered, nobody even notice.... Sorry I cannot give experience how they would react if they. Caught me, but at least nothing happened and nobody notice at all. For a little better hotel, as everybody knows, it's more like a big compound, huge lobby, several dining options in site, coffee shops, so basically no one will notice you. Just don't act like you are so unfamiliar with the hotel and curiously looking and there, other than that? Nobody notice you...... Cheers

see . .. i told you :)

:) good news!

Its pretty live and let live here. Just keep a damper on the pda

I think its better u just rent a house for both of u and stay there till she leaves that is the safest ..after all there r a Lot of people(lady and a guy ) leaving  together

Ummm no Valentine's for me this year :(

Why are you bycotting it?

why u not gonna celebrate Valentine's  this years? any problem or Ur partner left you   ?????

if you living with your girlfriend its not dangerous but kind Ur information if she will be become pregnant its big problem both of you... u can stay with your girlfriend if she don't have any problem with you

gelila wrote:

Ummm no Valentine's for me this year :(

:(  don't be discouraged my friend...you are not alone.

who is discouraged  Ur friend she don't want celebrate

Yeah, it's fine, but I was still careful and nervous at that time

You wonna test the water also?

You were posting irrelavent replies, banned! Lol, kidding

gelila wrote:

I think its better u just rent a house for both of u and stay there till she leaves that is the safest ..after all there r a Lot of people(lady and a guy ) leaving  together

I agree, I won't live here in the country forever, so I was still afraid of these kind of laws..... Yeah, happy valentines day,,,, I ain't celebrate either

that's too bad maybe next year