Living costs in Al Ain

hello, i will be moving to al ain within the next couple of months and was wondering is it possible to find a place for 3680 AED per month. Also whats transportation like? Do people own their own cars or do they take taxi's.

Well unfortunatley i cannot comment on finding a place but the transport i can comment Al Ain is like any normal city the closer to the town center you are the more cars and traffic ther is and the further out you go its less traffic and so on. many people do own cars or vans ect and the cost of buying decent car is almost half price for example a porshe k9 cost £38,000 TO BY out there compared to double in the uk
if u use taxis be carful to use th fully white ones there are 2 types of taxi = poor- rough unreliable or good = profesional clean good service.  make sure u use the good ones u can tell the difference the poor quality have gold coulored sides. the good quality ones  are still very cheap costing you around 8 dihrims for a taxi into the center of town this is about £2.50 in gbp

i hope i have been a help to you

Aaron

Hi,

I aam looking around right now for a place to live as I was told to start early as places are hard to find and I don't move till end of August from the UK. You have a little under 50,000 AED per year which I don't think will get you much from what I have been looking at. Rents usually have to be paid 1 year in advance or by 2 or 3 post dated cheques.
Good luck,

John.