Place to stay in Rio for the end of June

Hello to all !!! I need help or some advices to find a place to stay one week end of july. I 'll go to Rio for the world cup (end of June till the 3rd of July) but all I see is clearly to expensive for me. Have you some ideas or some cheap places. It will be sooooooooo appreciated !! Thank you in advance for your answer.

elpatron14,

Have you looked into the hostels in Rio? You might want to check them out if you're on a tight budget. Just keep in mind that EVERYTHING is going to be absurdly expensive in Brazil during the World Cup - that's the "Brazilian Way".

https://www.google.com/search?q=hostels … 3&ie=UTF-8

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

i am heading to Rio for the WC in June and your advice on where to stay will greatly be helpful.  You are right prices are shooting up so high and any help will greatly be appreciated on where to stay that is affordable.  Now how about the transportation system because i have to go to Natal and Fortaleza from Rio and i have no idea how i am going  to do that...
Please advice...Elliot

Hi Elliot,

Rio to Natal you have only two options, take a bus which is going to take time or fly which in Brazil will cost a small fortune, in fact the airlines plan on increasing airfares so we can't even say how much it will cost.

The bus is a 20+ hour trip and presently costs R$439,30 one way

Airfares range from R$780 to R$950 (one way) at the moment. Flight time approx. 3 hours 15 min.

Note: here there is not usually any significant difference between the price of a round-trip fare
and two one-way fares unless you are able to find some special promotion.

For air fares and booking:

www.decolar.com

For bus fares and service:

www.buscaonibus.com.br

Cheers,

Thank You so much for the response.  One other thing i want to know is, would it be possible to rent an apartment/flat for the duration i am there which is like 6weeks? most of the hotels are way too expensive and moreover i can find one that even allows that much stay or booking at a time.
Thank You hope to hear from you soon...Elliot

Hi Elliot,

Renting apartments in Brazil is usually handled through realtors and by law rental contracts run for 30 months. Short term rentals are almost unheard of. You might find some people who are renting out rooms in their home or have vacation apartments that they rent out on a weekly basis, but I have absolutely no idea how you'd find out about them other than maybe by word-of-mouth.

Everything in any of the World Cup host cities is going to be extremely expensive in terms of rent, your best bet would be to look at cities about two hours travel time from event cities, but even there rentals during the period are going to be more elevated than usual.

Cheers,