Seeking a recommendation for Home Insurance in RJ

Hi

I am seeking a recommendation for an insurance company or insurance broker for residential coverage in RJ.

Thanks in advance any leads.

12/05/23 I am seeking a recommendation for an insurance company or insurance broker for residential coverage in RJ.

-@BrasilNY

Our homeowners' insurance is with out bank (Banco do Brasil, in our case).  We're pretty satisfied, but we've never made a claim yet.  Check your bank, to have a price comparison with the  insurance companies, at least.

Hi
I am seeking a recommendation for an insurance company or insurance broker for residential coverage in RJ.

-@BrasilNY

By complete contrast, we have never had homeowners insurance in 16 years of living here. Construction in brick and concrete means a house catching fire is almost impossible, we live here so burglary is unlikely, and the high costs of insurance and relative low cost to replace items means that in the long run it is cheaper to buy new if damaged... It is also very important to check you have the right electrical protection, as this is the most likely ignition source.

I have known of 2 house fires here, and both were the direct result of empty buildings and a lack of maintenance in one case, and faulty amateur electrics in the other.

That said, if you have a lot of valuables or plan to leave the place empty for long periods, it could make sense for you...

The first course of action is your local banking branch. Bradesco has their own insurance division.

And then, the ever so omnipresent Porto Seguro, look for their nearest branch. 

Prudential  has operations in Brazil, but their retail ain't much any good down here.

All other American Carriers are non existent.

And then there's Tokio Marine with their retail subsidiary, Sompo. See if their Rio Coverage is as good as Sao Paulo's.

All of the above are carriers. If you wade through their web portals, you will locate licensed brokers who can sell their policies.

And you aren't buying fire, just flood insurance. Unless, off course, you live in a wooden framed house, which i hope you don't.

If this is a mandatory carry for a home loan, you will need a broker, nowithstanding my carrier's recommendations, as they might lead you to what type of coverage you need to meet the bank's mandated coverage.