Israel visa in Amman- how long does it take to get one?

Hi, just wondering if you could help.
We're thinking of flying to Amman to travel onto Jerusalem via a border crossing. However, I need a visa, and I was wondering if anyone knew how long  the Israeli consulate in Amman would take to process a visa? (The embassy's closed till Monday and need to book flights ASAP). Many thanks in advance!

I can't help you with this.
If you need an answer very fast I advice to visit the ambassy online.

All the best.

I think its depends on your nationaly !
for me im Jordanian i think more than month !

I called and called the Israeli embassy today. But it was just an answer phone message. Anybody have a number for them that will get answered? I tried all the numbers on their website!

if you fly to amman and then travel by car or taxi to israel, you can just get the visa at the border. they will make you wait there a lot longer if you look like someone from non-Western countries (if you are not blonde) and if you are young and if you have a beard. Older women pass through within half an hour (very fast) and young men who have darker hair/skin color they can get a visa after 4-5 hours of waiting. Even if you have blonde hair, make sure you have no beard if you do not want to wait there too long. Also if your passport shows you have traveled to other countries like Syria, Iran, etc, then you will end up waiting there for a very long time. Plus you will be interrogated by armed teenage soldiers at the border, which can be quite unpleasant.

I know for Jordanians, if you don't have any yellow card or green card, it will take one to two weeks, if you have then up to one month.

In addition if you went before and you made them suspicious about your movements inside, they will reject you.