Canadians looking to get settle in Jordan

Hello everyone,

Me and my family are looking to relocate in Amman, Jordan. We're all Canadian citizens. I'd have the following questions, if anyone's kind enough to answer:

1- What are the benefits of obtaining a Jordanian citizenship for foreigners, instead of visa?
2- How as a foreigner, can I get a Jordanian passport ( dual citizenship)?
3- Any recommended jobs for foreigners, such as english tutor?

Everything you know is appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Question one and two: as a foreigner you can't get the Jordanian citizenship.
The only possibility is when a woman marries  a Jordanian she can obtain the Jordan nationality after five years of marriage.

Job for foreigners like English tutor: only those who have the right certifications are able to teach English but you can always give private lessons.

Thanks for your reply. Does this imply you can't get free healthcare and education for children? What are the differences between a citizen and a non-citizen in Jordan?

I guess this is for poor foreigners, as for rich ones, apparently if you keep 7 figures amount inside your bank account, they give you the citizenship right away.

I guess you are right 7 figures do get you a citizenship in Jordan, but this is also the case in most countries in Europe and elsewhere.

The difference between a citizen and non citizen  is the same as other countries, health insurance, government jobs, the right to vote etc.

If you find a decent job in Jordan you will get a residency permit which is enough to live here and have most of the services that Jordanians get.

Yes , investors can get it ...