US & UK Passport, worked 14/3.5/5/2yrs US/NL/IT/DE (Social Security)

Are there any similar expats out there who have managed to create a SS nightmare like myself? It is difficult to find information on how the bilateral totalization agreements between the US and various EU countries with respect to my 'triangulations' scenario. Will the US eventually have a bilateral agreement with the entire EU rather than the individual countries?...Who would be the best type of advisor to talk to in order to determine an estimate of what my social security payments would be near retirement?...
When I contact the US SS office, the workers on the phone are unable to answer the questions nor do they forward you to anyone more knowledgeable. is the only option going to a lawyer? ok, so the answer to the last question is obvious.

Wow, you got around.

I would seriously contact a lawyer. Don't rely on the government for advice - it will be conflicting as the IRS is who reports your income to SS. If you didn't declare your income while abroad there could be problems, and even if you did there could be problems. Contact an attorney and thank me later :)

http://yoursmiles.org/ksmile/flag6/brazil-flag-waving-smile.gif

Matt V. - Manaus, Amazonas, Brasil
Visit my Personal Blog - brazilbs.blogspot.com

Doesn't the SSA know what your eventual benefits will be?

Find activities and meet other expats

OR