Exit Visa and New Job after 1 year

I am working in a private company from last one year. The company is in red category. They are trying for green category from last 3 months and they are saying that it will be done. But i don't think it will be done soon. My iqama will be expired in Feb.

Now i have two options: Either resign and go on exit or find a job and get a transfer.

My contract is for 2 years but it is mentioned that i can leave on one month notice. I want to ask, if i resign will i have to pay anything to my employer as i am not going to complete two years?

if i go for transfer. Can i transferred without the consent of my current employer? or do i need any kind of approval from him?

Please reply.

Thanks

You need to read your contract carefully and see if it says anything about leaving before the 2 years is up. Every company is different so we can't comment.

You can't leave without your employers approval. They can put a travel ban on you and cause you lots of issues - they will still be your sponsor and in charge of your visa's so they can cause you a lot of hassle.

It appears the question is related to working in Saudi Arabia - wonder if samahmed should post in the Saudi Arabia forum for better and more appropriate response?

Hi all,

Please note there's a similar post here -->https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=314046

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

[Thread Closed]

Closed