Riyadh Cost of Living for 1 person

All,

I am new to this group as I got an offer of 15000SR. Could you please let me know the cost of living as I have researched the entire blog. I too find my answer.My living style is so simple however I am looking for an answer like I have 6yrs of IT experience.

M I able to save?

One room cost per month?

Meals,laundry,transport(i could stay near by) per month?

Thankful for your respond.

cost of living in Riyadh is quite cheap

offer you have is a very good offer i would suggest you to accept it

you can find one bedroom Executive for 1000 Sr a month i very decent one

food depends on you can be 1500 Sr a month or 500 Sr

i would suggest you to look for  some super store weekly promotions to get an idea about prices

panda

Carefour

Tammami

search on google and u ill find there web sites it will give you idea about prices

you can get internet connection for 100 sr to 400 sr per month depending on your need

just dont come with out a valid driving license

cause life in saudi arabia starts behind wheels

binngo23 wrote:

Except if you're a woman, in which case you're screwed :mad:

Thanks for your reply

However How much money I would spend on transportation as my office is in KSA?

Will I able to buy a 2 wheeler after some time?

I have a valid Driving Licence. What about the calls/phone and clothes to buy?

Anyone suggest a simple living style, I will spend only on Veg items. How much I could save?

nisheet.dba wrote:

Will I able to buy a 2 wheeler after some time?

I have a valid Driving Licence. What about the calls/phone and clothes to buy?

2- Wheeler are not advisable for daily commute considering the mad maniac traffic.

Your Indian DL won't work here !! Calls to India arent that expensive.

Good luck

ok however how to make a Driving License.

I could apply for International Driving Licenese.

Go thru this

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … cence.html

Thanks Saimans for this info.

Please help me understand to get a 1 room in riyadh.

what is the security if I share the room.

How much I would need to spend?

nisheet.dba wrote:

You will have to come here and search and search and search to your taste.... BTW range will go from 1000-2000 SAR/month

And usually they will take the rent of 6 months in advance.

Ok Thanks for the accomodation information.

What about the food and indian cuisins?

any good place to roam/travel around?

Disco's are avaialble? I know its not however where I can found?

My offic is near by Centria Commercial Complex, Olaya Street.

Please suggest the best place to stay as for Indian.

Great nightlife.... Lots of nightclubs in Riyadh :lol:

Alliecat wrote:
binngo23 wrote:

come on caty, it is not that bad for ladies ;)

Trapezius, please suggest the name?

nisheet.dba wrote:

Mama Noura

nisheet.dba wrote:

:rolleyes:

Lion R.E wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
binngo23 wrote:

Oh come on--you don't know since you're not a woman :P 

It would be like as if I said, 'it is not that bad for Bangladeshis' but how would I really know since I'm not a Bengladeshi?

It's always easy to think 'it is not that bad' when it's somebody else being denied or mistreated :whistle:

@Trepezius Please dont misguide the fellow.

Alliecat wrote:
Lion R.E wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Oh come on--you don't know since you're not a woman :P 

It would be like as if I said, 'it is not that bad for Bangladeshis' but how would I really know since I'm not a Bengladeshi?

It's always easy to think 'it is not that bad' when it's somebody else being denied or mistreated :whistle:

I agree with Allie :)

Hi Nisheet

Nice to know about your details. I understand your are considering an offer in Riyadh

I am also from Delhi, my email adderress is [email protected].

please contact via email and we can discuss.

email sent thanks.Kindly reply

binngo23 wrote:

Could you please explain just what sort of apartment this is, in your understanding?  I've seen that executive' word being used to describe something other than it means, particularly when the word 'sharing' is also in the same accommodation description.

Beakersful wrote:
binngo23 wrote:

Could you please explain just what sort of apartment this is, in your understanding?  I've seen that executive' word being used to describe something other than it means, particularly when the word 'sharing' is also in the same accommodation description.

:) Unfortunately, the word 'Executive' is loosely used here (in KSA) for someone with single status doing a decent job. It has nothing to do with the actual profile of the tenant or the place quality in terms of luxury.

okies

two wheel would cost you more then 4 wheel and its not so safe unless you are a daredevil

it all depends on distance can cost you 10 sr to 50sr one sided or you can get some one to give you pick and drop for 500 to 1500sr  all depends on ur location 

best option is to buy ur self a car you can get one starting from 10k  later on you can get some thing of ur choice

Alliecat wrote:
binngo23 wrote:

you can drive dune buggy :D

its like looking in to heaven from a window isn't it all those luxury cars highways to ride with all the speed you can handle but dang you cant do nothing

binngo23 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
binngo23 wrote:

you can drive dune buggy :D

its like looking in to heaven from a window isn't it all those luxury cars highways to ride with all the speed you can handle but dang you cant do nothing

depends some times you really get an executive Apartment some times you just get fooled

if you can spend a little more you can always get one well maintained single room Furnished apartment 

for 2000 to 6000

opps i just replied to my own post errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

nisheet.dba wrote:

Thanks Saimans for this info.

depends who you are sharing your room with dude you can lose your money life or virginity

you have a very good offer but if you are looking to save all  you earnings you can always find  room as low as for 100sr per month in sharing its a city like any other city ( i know its not so true for some of you frustrated people )  you can have a life as you wish for

Dr Bela wrote:

Aw come on!  If he doesn't know that Trapezius is joking he has NO business coming here!

jokes apart :P

nisheet.dba wrote:

Sorry I forgot to complete my previous post.  All the nightlife is underground, and I don't know where any of it is!  But even if I knew, I surely wouldn't post the locations here.

Parties with DJs, disco lights, women, and alcohol do take place in the 3 major cities of SA.  However, they are completely hidden from the public, for obvious reasons.  Some take place in compounds, but many take place in homes mansions of rich Saudis, including some members of The Family.  Needless to say, you would get invited only if you happen to be good friends with someone inside one of the circles.  And as an Indian IT person, you might as well forget it :|.  A compound party would be relatively easier to get in to, but again, that's only possible once you are here and have networked and/or begged enough ;)

LOL.......We can found out the place dude......not a rocket science however I totally agree with you and your points.....

Alliecat wrote:
Dr Bela wrote:

Aw come on!  If he doesn't know that Trapezius is joking he has NO business coming here!

He didnt know i guess Allie thats why asked about the location :P

Dr Bela wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Dr Bela wrote:

He didnt know i guess Allie thats why asked about the location :P

But some of the FIRST things you'll find googling KSA is no liquor/no mingling/no religion other than Islam.  If he's planning to come here and isn't aware of these basic laws, he is extremely negligent in his preparations and in for a HUGE shock!!

Most of us already knew these things and yet we were STILL shocked LOL

yeah i am aware of it...... lol   :P

could anyone help me the near area by Centria Commercial Complex, Olaya Street,P.O. Box-818, Riyadh 11421?

How much i need to pay near by area if I need to save my transport cost?

you are asking too much about transport :) you can just walk man, you will enjoy fresh windy Riyadh air in the evenings.