Is SAR 13000 a good salary to move into Saudi, Riyadh in 2019?

Hi everyone,

I've been offered a salary of SAR 13000 (All inclusive) for a job in riyadh. I currently live in the UAE with a decent salary, however it isn't enough to live with my family due to high cost of living (1 bhk will cost AED 4500 - 5000 minimum in dubai)
Please help me out if SAR 13000 is sufficient for a family of 3 (Me, wife & child) for a decent life & not a lavish life. And how much I could save out of this? Thanks.

Here 2 BHK will cost around 20k average in suburb areas, you will have to pay dependent fee for your wife and child which I think is 300 per month currently.
Rest expenses will be less compared to UAE.
You can save up to 6k if its a decent life!

Hi

Although it depends on your choices, however you will probably spend around SAR 10,000 per month on housing, groceries and schooling (one child) for a modest lifestyle (housing 24,000 / year, education 24,000 / year / child, grocery + once a week eat out 4,000 / month). If you own a small car, that will cost you about SAR 500 to 1,000 every month (fuel, maintenance, insurance etc.) depending upon your use.

SAR 13,000 per month may not be enough for you. These numbers are based on my assumptions, you should do your estimates and evaluate your current  situation before accepting the offer.

rushdi.latiff wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've been offered a salary of SAR 13000 (All inclusive) for a job in riyadh. I currently live in the UAE with a decent salary, however it isn't enough to live with my family due to high cost of living (1 bhk will cost AED 4500 - 5000 minimum in dubai)
Please help me out if SAR 13000 is sufficient for a family of 3 (Me, wife & child) for a decent life & not a lavish life. And how much I could save out of this? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I have reconsidered my offer and finally got an opportunity for a 15K salary. Even 13K salary is 2 times of my current UAE salary. I think taking the 15k offer will be a good move and I can take a good 4 to 5 months in saudi to save some bucks before taking my family. Thanks again mate.

Thanks for your valuable comment brother.

15k SAR is standard offer and can be accepted. If you have moderate lifestyle, you can save even 9-10k per month.

Regards
Vishnu