Moving to Edinburgh - looking for new friends

Hi there, my name is Carolin, 30, and I will be moving from Munich, Germany (where they have the famous Oktoberfest) to Edinburgh to study Applied Psychology at Heriot-Watt University.
I will move in September but be looking for a 1-bedroom apartment at the end of July (in case anyone is planning to move out of theirs ;)) and therefore be over for one week.
I would love to meet some people and make new friend.
In my free time I like going to the cinema, exploring pubs and restaurants and photography.
I would love to hear from you guy for meeting up, tips or just a 'hello' :)
Cheers,
Carolin

Welcome Carolin,

I have moved the discussion to the Edinburgh forum

for flats to rent try http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/
local newspaper

thank you alahall for the tip for finding a flat :)

Carolin wrote:

Hi there, my name is Carolin, 30, and I will be moving from Munich, Germany (where they have the famous Oktoberfest) to Edinburgh to study Applied Psychology at Heriot-Watt University.
I will move in September but be looking for a 1-bedroom apartment at the end of July (in case anyone is planning to move out of theirs ;)) and therefore be over for one week.
I would love to meet some people and make new friend.
In my free time I like going to the cinema, exploring pubs and restaurants and photography.
I would love to hear from you guy for meeting up, tips or just a 'hello' :)
Cheers,
Carolin

Hey Carolin, got here in Oct last year. I'm a student at Telford College, I'm from Peru.. wondering if we could get in touch for a quick hello :) Take care

Hi I recently moved to edinburgh for a half year job and would like to meet people (expats like me or locals) to hang out with
and make new friends.

Give me a shout back if there is a gathering happening soon :)

Thanks

Sergio