Finding friends in the Internet is quite difficult...would you agree?

Hello everybody. The Internet is a place where it is possible to reach people around the globe easily. We can get all the information we need in the Internet. However, finding friends in the Internet is quite difficult. Making friends face to face is easy because you know whom you are dealing with. In the Internet we are all strangers. Fear of being scammed is the reason. We don't know if it's real. But just keep on trying. Sooner or later there will be somebody who can feel the sincerity of our intentions.

Hi

I am in Indonesia. Absolutely agree with your opinion that face a face friend much better even sometimes this is also not guarantee.  Lately, very hard to find a trust and honest person in this world.

In fact myself got few net friends from this website.  So far we keep contact by email and not yet meet as they are in different countries.  Yes we have to be careful as knowing nothing about them physically.  But nothing wrong with making a friend in real world or in net I supposed.

By the way would you like became my new net friend?

Thanks for your reply. Apa kabar kamu di san? And you're also very true that even though our personal friends CAN stab us at our back. Everywhere there is always a risk. We just have to be very very careful but it does't mean that we will be elusive, otherwise we will be left along in this world. Everybody deserves a "chance". Sometimes, if what we do comes from the sincerity of our heart, true friends can still be found.

Of course, I'm happy to be your net friend. After all, this is our real purpose in joining. We want to know a lot of people without buying "plane" tickets. :)

Just be in touch ah...

Whether it's on Internet or in real life (face to face) there are good people and not so good people. But if we want to expand our circle of friends we have to make an effort to communicate with people in many different ways (face to face and internet for example). We may find that we have many things in common or find that we have nothing in common but we won't know if we don't try. After all if we decide that we no longer want to or feel comfortable communicating with someone we can always end the friendship. But this, of course, is just my opinion. :)

Hi again

What a nice to have your feedback.  Definitely I would be happy be your new friend.  If you like you could just contact me to my email address:  [email protected]

Thanks and waiting to hear about yourself and Brunei.

I found some some good friends in the internet; I even met my wife online and we've been married for 9 years now and still going strong.

It's like in real life, I think - it takes time to get to know somebody. Starting in a public place like this forum, then via private messages and/or email, phone calls to a first real life meeting. When both have been completely honest, friendship will develop fast from there, providing you have been 'talking' a lot already.

It seems like this stuff works sometimes. But most of the time it's just time wasting activity. You have no idea about the person you are talking and you also don't know if you ever talk with that person again.

Such forums are just a place to get the initial spark.. TO be frank, I have got genuine friends from the internet. But there are a lot of fake ppl too.

sure it is very difficult to find a person you desire.

Totally agree too...and too many persons are there just to make stupid jokes! Seems that there is still some people who has nothing to do!!

True that,it is quite difficult to make friends online because you can never know whether or not the person it truthful. I think the best thing to do is pray,a lot,that you encounter true people. I have made a number of  friends,two of whom are from this site and i have actually met one face to face. It is a risk,so we have to be careful,but always hope for the best.

I am totally agree with your opinion. I have actually made some very good friends by using the Internet.

Meet other expats and join the events

OR