Moving to Finland

Hi all,

My name is Jinto, an Indian citizen currently living in Wales. I'll be moving to Finland(Espoo) in May to work as a visiting researcher in VTT for one year. I would like to know some more informations regarding the social life in Finland and active indian groups in Espoo. I hope someone from this group could help me in this regard.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Have a Nice time
Jinto

Hi

Below a link to clubs in Finland

expatexchange.com/lib_rd.cfm?articleid=3516&networkid=44

Regards
Marja Saviaro
Return Ticket
returnticket.fi

Hi Jinto,

I am also planning to move to Finland by this June. If you get any info regardng the lifestyle and basic cost of living pls let me know.. m currently in bangalore.

HI

Some more information

expat-finland.com/index.html

Regards
Marja

Cost of living in Finland
uranus.fi/en/opportunities/living/open.php?id=48301

Hi Merja,

Many thanks for your informations.

Hi Jinto,
I am an Indian living in Helsinki for the last 2 years or so. There are a few Indian expat clubs like the Indian Finnish Friendship society but they dont really do much other than an annual Diwali event. Your best bet would be expat clubs like IESAF or Jolly Dragon where there r number of Indian expats too.
Though personally Im more active with IESAF since they fit my lifestyle and age bracket whereas Jolly Dragon is more for youngsters as they do a lot of partying n pubbing and sporting events. But tht is an option too.
If you google any of these names you will get the links to their websites. In case you dont find it, message me I will send them across to you.
Regards,

Noops

Hi Noops,

many thanks for your informations.