Need advice on looking to transition to Nigeria

Hi all, My husband and I are thinking of making a move to Nigeria from NY.

We are both US Citizens but I was born in Nigeria. My husband is US born & bred but his parents are Nigerians too. I have lived in the US for over 12years, so I'm a bit scared to leave a good job & comfortable life behind, but we'll like our kids to better understand our culture. I'm also trying to avoid the common mistake of being too quick to move without proper planning, only to end up coming back to U.S after only a couple of years. Given that we earn over 200k income in NY, would you advice this move?

- If so, how can we find good expartriate jobs? I have heard from friends that those are the only jobs that pay good salaries in comparison to the US.
- What income can be expected for a senior IT Program/project manager as well as for procurement analyst jobs?
- Are there any recommended websites to find expartriate jobs?
- How much can we expect to spend on elementary schools (primary schools) for our 2 kids, my husband insists on American schools?
- We have a nice small home there as a gift for our wedding, so accomodation should be fine.
- What other cost of living related expenses can we expect?
- How much can be expected for generator fuel costs monthly as I know electricity is a major hurdle?
- What else should we be looking for in a job offer besides relocation costs?

All advice will be greatly appreciated!

Hello Maam80.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I would suggest you to browse the different threads on the Nigeria Forum for better insights.

You may also read this thread; Cost of living in Nigeria for more information.

You have also the job section , where you can consult the job offers proposed in your field or even post your resume there.

Thanks and all the best.

Kren :)

Thanks Karen. I will.