TV in Brussels and installing Sky

Hi Guys,

As some of you may have read I'm moving to Brussels next month.  The agency we're using has asked me to pick a internet/tv provider now as it can take some time for it to be set up.  They've given me the choice of Voo and Belgacom.

Having looked at both websites, Belgacom looks to be the best (cheapest)for internet as i wouldn't use more than 150GB per month. 

I do however have a couple of questions....

1.  I've been told i can get Sky TV in Brussels.  Apparently it's just a viewing card that's needed and a dish, which the landlord would have to give me permission to install.  I know this is quite expensive, however call me sad but i need to watch UK sport and TV just so i don't lose my mind when i move (due to not speaking French very well)  Does anyone here have Sky installed? Is this a good move?

2.  Does Belgacom have lots of English TV?  Again I've read that if it's digital, then yes it does, although probably not sports channels (maybe Eurosport at best)

I really couldn't care less for British TV to be honest, although i would miss channels such as Sky Atlantic etc and the Sports channels

Seems maybe a little crazy to use Belgacom for internet and Sky for TV (if possible)... I think it would be quite expensive?

Anyone able to advise me?

Thanks

AD

Look on Voo and Belgacom's websites for channel lists.

My eldest picks up football on the internet. You could just have a smart TV and wifi sports channels from the internet onto your TV set. It's cheaper than a satellite dish and decoder.

Thanks for your reply Tervurener.

I didn't think about Smart TV, so that's certainly an option, and probably something i'll purchase when i get over to Brussels.

Thanks

AD