MP3 downloading

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good site from which I can download mp3 music files, without using a VPN? I tried using a VPN (which I get TV from) but my usual source, Amazon detected I was here and prevents me downloading.
Thanks.

PS NOT iTunes please.

kickasstorrents
extratorrent

are just a couple use regularly

what do you need a vpn for - you dont need one for filmon.(maybe its eurosport)

Hi Redmik

I have no problem downloading MP3s from Amazon UK, but that may be because I use a British credit card and address. I don't require a VPN to do it. Sometimes the Amazon store defaults to Amazon.com and I have to  change it over to the .co.uk store

Are you using a Maltese credit card and address? If so, one way around it, may be to buy UK Amazon vouchers and use them to purchase the music.  I haven't tried this but it may work.

Regards

Charley

Thanks for the answers. I had forgotten that my credit card is registered to my address here, though it is a UK account. I can try another or as suggested,try vouchers. I'll let you know how I get on but I am refused even before I get to the buying stage.

At the moment I use a VPN to watch UK TV on my PC in my study  area. I now use filmon for the main TV, using a small multimedia PC, with an air mouse to control it, like a remote control.
I know that the use of the VPN is not absolutely necessary and as I have only paid for one month I can unsubscribe from the VPN now that I have the TVs set up.

It was a case of experimenting with different setups until I installed what I wanted in the way that I wanted and deciding what services we wanted in the long term.

Hope that makes sense!! :)

I forgot to mention that this issue applies to both Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com :(

And I can confirm that:

In order to purchase from the Amazon MP3 Store, your Amazon.co.uk account must be associated with an invoice address located in the United Kingdom, Jersey, Isle of Man or Guernsey.

So I changed my 'one click' address back to UK and still I am not permitted to download as it checks my IP address that indicates where I am.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

kickasstorrents
extratorrent

are just a couple use regularly

Thanks but no thanks, I will never use any torrent site.

prefer tax evading amazon then?

toonarmy9752 wrote:

prefer tax evading amazon then?

To be fair I think what Amazon do is not tax evading but tax avoiding. Anyway I agree with you that it is not necessarily more ethical to use Amazon MP3 than a torrent search engine.

they both have their wrongs for sure.....

and one isnt necessarily safer than the other

but in terms of the OP it simply asked mp3 downloads - not just legal ones. and as Red often requests of others - maybe a little more information!

toonarmy9752 wrote:

but in terms of the OP it simply asked mp3 downloads - not just legal ones. and as Red often requests of others - maybe a little more information!

Hoist by mine own petard! :)
The reason I won't use torrents is that (and I may be wrong here but) originally they were set up as 'peer to peer' systems and I won't have my PC used as a 'host' for other's downloads.
It was also highly illegal but don't know if it necessarily is now; just my prejudice I suppose.

redmik wrote:
toonarmy9752 wrote:

Hoist by mine own petard! :)
The reason I won't use torrents is that (and I may be wrong here but) originally they were set up as 'peer to peer' systems and I won't have my PC used as a 'host' for other's downloads.
It was also highly illegal but don't know if it necessarily is now; just my prejudice I suppose.

no not prejudice Red - just your choice. apologies for picking you up on it though LOL - it was funny tho!

it can be illegal but then there are legal sites. and yes P2P is a little risky but in 10 years of use i have not had one instance of hacking by that route. but then you dont need to have your pc constantly used as host - move and remove the files after download and clear - but obviously whilst downloading you are - but then my security is tighter than the proverbial ducks.

at end of the day its your choice.

I wonder why I have had no trouble downloading music from Amazon UK and you are.  I have just downloaded a free track from the site and it worked fine and I have purchased tracks over the years and it has worked fine with no VPN.

I hope this isn't teaching Grandma how to suck eggs in suggesting some things below to try  (not that i'm suggesting you are old or Grandma-like!)

Does your UK credit card address match the UK home address?

Have you downloaded the Amazon Downloader to your computer?

You could possibly try signing out of your Amazon account, deleting the history and cookies and going in again.

Another thought is to set up a new Amazon account from scratch using an English address etc and seeing if that works.

Test to see if you can download any of the free music MP3s that they offer on the site.

I hope this is helpful.

Charley

PS: You could also try deleting your browsing history in you Amazon account (it's in the Personalisation section of the My Account section)

CharleyFarley wrote:

I hope this isn't teaching Grandma how to suck eggs in suggesting some things below to try  (not that i'm suggesting you are old or Grandma-like!) :sosad:

Does your UK credit card address match the UK home address?

I hope this is helpful.

Charley

Yes, the issue is that my credit card is linked to my UK bank account but the registered address for that is here, so are my debit cards. That is the reason Amazon have given me and they 'may' also check via IP address for downloads paid by vouchers etc.
I do have one other account in UK I could use but that would misalign some of the financial 'trimming' I am trying to achieve.
(Too many different accounts = brain ache)

What I can do of course is get relatives to send me what I want.

I think that's flogged this particular horse to death!

Thanks both! :top:

Do you mean to download MP3 from Amazon Music? Without VPN, maybe you should try AudFree Amazon Music Downloader. With the help of it, you can download any music from Amazon Music to MP3 audio files for offline listening on any device without limits.

Christ08 wrote:

Do you mean to download MP3 from Amazon Music? Without VPN, maybe you should try AudFree Amazon Music Downloader. With the help of it, you can download any music from Amazon Music to MP3 audio files for offline listening on any device without limits.

You are responding to a post from 2013. Why?