Help me to choose Android box

Dear Friens
I'm looking to buy an Android box and it is my understanding that there is a number of boxes available.
I know the quality boxes can vary and have different software on them so I was wondering if there is a general consensus what the best option is.
Also, do all Android boxes work on a subscription or is there a once off option?
I did a forum search and got some info bus as technology is always changing I wanted to make sure I wasn't being out of date.
Android machines are generic game/streaming/etc and has nothing to do with TV Streaming by default.

You then buy an extra service from a 3rd party for TV streaming, this has nothing to do with Android as such.

The Nvidia Shield is the best on the market Android device, but up to your TV streaming service of choice if they would support that.
One of the best for streaming of IPTV is the Formuler Z10 Pro which has a built in app, Mytv 2, to which you just add your paid for service providers URL or your m3u.

The Nvidia Shield is a brilliant box but relatively expensive and aimed more at the game player market.

For simplicity and purely IPTV box the Magbox is very good with a user friendly Linux operating system, ( from the Ukraine).

Just as important is finding a reliable service provider and a good Internet connection.

I can give you details of one I and several friends use at a cost of €30 a month, not cheap but a lot cheaper than Sky and very good. PM me if you would like details.
I'm sorry, but NVidia Shield allows to install Android apps besides streaming services or IPTV? I've seen people install APK files with games and apps for a fun passtime.
Try  " Maltadeals4u.com"
Based in Gzira.
I'm sorry, but NVidia Shield allows to install Android apps besides streaming services or IPTV? I've seen people install APK files with games and apps for a fun passtime.
- @damnet

I did say it was aimed at the gaming market, not just IPTV and streaming!

@DP4 It redirects me to [link moderated]. I suppose you wanted to offer me games and apps for Android box, but I still don't know whether it is possible to launch them on it. 

F0xgl0ve, You told about gaming market, but NVidia Shield runs PC games or Android ones? 

DP4, so what is this [link moderated] is?

Dammeter.  The shop maltadeals4u, sell different  types of android  boxes,  & give advice on what to download  got mine €100, now get games and all TV stations ( no other costs ).

I'm searching for a UK TV system with a week or more Catchup which is cheaper than our current system.

Ill6check out Formuler if available on Gozo?

Has anyone used mega cheap IPTV FLEX ? They offer a Premium system for under 50 euros?

We want something reliable and easy to run.

Any ideas based on your experience.

Try  TVMUCHO,  costs approx  €48 pa.

Gets alUK tv normal stations for people living outside the UK.

I'm searching for a UK TV system with a week or more Catchup which is cheaper than our current system.
Ill6check out Formuler if available on Gozo?
Has anyone used mega cheap IPTV FLEX ? They offer a Premium system for under 50 euros?
We want something reliable and easy to run.
Any ideas based on your experience.
-@lesleyndavid

There are good IPTV services and there are cheap ones, cheap generally do not have sufficient server capacity or the range of channels, nor do they have catch up.

We pay €29 a month but get a great service with 14 day catch up and massive VOD service plus all sport, Films and TV channels.

As for the types of box, Mag524w3 or 540w3 are the best dedicated IPTV boxes and run Linux OS. We currently have Mag524w3, Mag 322w2 (w3/w2 is the WiFi version, without it is cheaper) and an old Mag250. For Android boxes which are more versatile I would get a Formuler box, we have a Formuler Z8 Pro but latest is Z10 Pro.

You can of course use any Android box, a pc, laptop, tablet or Firestick. Several shops in Malta sell the various boxes and I have used 2 of them.

Earlier this month we got a Mag524w3 for €111 delivered to Gozo direct from Infomir the Ukrainian manufacturer, some locally are asking €139 or even €169.