Football, 5 a side...just for fun

Haha ok no problem. You manage your friends ;) But it's funny to stay on Malta without speaking any English. Maybe they speak Maltese :lol:

Good I just wanted to make sure that you not become disappointed because of a fee.

Well, regarding the FIFA I will write you, but to be honest I'm not a good player. I have played just a few times but I like the emotions :P

However, with your friend we are about 8 or 9. So we are just looking for 2 or 3 players more. In the next few days I will contact some field-providers. So I think we can start with our first game in about 3 or 4 weeks (because some of us are not here before end of August).

BTW: I edited the list (Page 1, #19) and added your friends ;).

Alright AndS ! I stay in the nearby ! :cool:

Hi Guys,

I moved over from England yesterday, currently staying in Ta' Xbiex but will be moving, maybe to Sliema, in the next couple of weeks.

I'd be up for playing if you're still after some players.

Sam

fsasam wrote:

Hi Guys,

I moved over from England yesterday, currently staying in Ta' Xbiex but will be moving, maybe to Sliema, in the next couple of weeks.

I'd be up for playing if you're still after some players.

Sam

Hey Sam,

welcome to our group. Of course we are still after some players. As more as better ;) I will add you to the list (Page 1,#19)

Stay in touch with this threat - I'm still looking for some information about fields and prices. If I have some news, I will inform you through this threat.

If you have any questions or suggestions do not hesitate to contact me/us :D

I'm really happy - this project is going to work :cool:

INFO: I edited the list on Page 1, #19

lg andi

hi,

we're 5 friends and we arrive to malta this friday.
maybe we can play 2 times a football game if you want
contacte me on facebook please
facebook.com/fcorrales

I've lived in malta 1 year ago

Went to the weekly beach pic-nic in Sliema yesterday, and met 2 more people that are interested in joining the team, 1 Brit and 1 from Portugal.

I have told them to post here themselves so Andi can keep track of the developments....

Mike

im moving to Malta from Cyprus on the 21st. And even though my kind of work demands shift if I am free I will come and join you guys. Would love to play some footie :)
I ll let you know when I m in Malta and if you need anymore players Im in :)

faco wrote:

hi,

we're 5 friends and we arrive to malta this friday.
maybe we can play 2 times a football game if you want
contacte me on facebook please
facebook.com/fcorrales

I've lived in malta 1 year ago

I think I didn't got it - are you staying for a longer time period or just on holiday?

Lobo81 wrote:

im moving to Malta from Cyprus on the 21st. And even though my kind of work demands shift if I am free I will come and join you guys. Would love to play some footie smile
I ll let you know when I m in Malta and if you need anymore players Im in smile

Well come in our group - of course we are still after some player. Before 21st August we won't manage it, so don't worry about this. Just keep you up to date by (is it by, on, in, at..?!) this threat ;)

Do you know where you going to live?

MikoHassing wrote:

Went to the weekly beach pic-nic in Sliema yesterday, and met 2 more people that are interested in joining the team, 1 Brit and 1 from Portugal.

I have told them to post here themselves so Andi can keep track of the developments....

Very good work Miko :) - thank you very much. I hope they will come.  If they write an entry here, I will add them to the list...:D

INFO: I edited the list on Page 1, #19 (I added Lobo81

yes. I will be living in sliema. found a place there. but I guess malta is small so anywhere we can find a place to play footie will be ok :)

my brother will come in holidays for 1 week starting from 23th august ! 1 player more guyssssss

I think we could try to do our first game very sooooooooooooon !!

Ok guys and girls

I asked for some pitches and I want to give you the result:

The prices are between 30 - 50 EUR per date and per hour (indeed it's mostly 1:15 h) for the pitch. So it's about 3 EUR per person. Some of them are cheaper if we book a weekend date.

But to check whether the ground is available I need to know when exactly we want to play. For this reason I created a doodle-poll. Please choose the dates on which you are free to play. Choose as much as you can, because it will be difficult to find a date which fits for everyone. Ignore the date itself, just the day is important...so if you choose e.g. Friday 30th, 8 pm - it means you want to play every Friday (not just on the 30th).

If it is possible, we can try to "fight" our first game in the mentioned week (25th - 31st Aug.). According to the list (Page 1, #19) apart from one (Hezza) there are all here on Malta. However it is not possible for you to make this week vote (in doodle) and write here (in this forum) that you won't make it but from the week after...

I think it's not recommendable to choose a time before 7pm (it's to hot anyway).

Please state your expat-forum nick name so I'm able to tied up the information to the proper person - later on I will add it to the list (page 1, #19).

Here the link to the doodle-poll:
http://doodle.com/9fdapibqeuepzw48

Please send me a PM with your email-address and your phone-number. I keep it confidential, I will collect the contacts and delete the PM. But it makes it easier to organize our first appointment ;)

@Aixorigin: Please invite also your friends to the doodle-poll. Otherwise I can not see how many we finally are.

PS: By the way - we have ruled the 1.000 view mark :D:cool::D

I'm keen to play on a regular basis.  I will be off Island until 2nd September but happy to commit thereafter.

AndS - will send my details through to you.

Thanks.

Hey Guys
I'm missing replies from some certain persons like JayJay and Danex2. And whats with your friends, aixorignis?

By the way, anybody who is following this threat is invited to join our group, even if you haven't contributed an entry. Just vote in the doodle poll. http://doodle.com/9fdapibqeuepzw48

As I mentioned before, it would be good if we are 12 persons minimum. ;) According to the doodle poll, we are "just" 9. So feel free to join :D

Hi all,

I'm up for spot of footy.  Just want to clarify that it is inside, air conditioned with plenty of fluid available for revival.  I'm totally with jayjay1970 I think I'd die if it's in this heat!

But count me in anyway.  When and where?

Carl.

Carlsapphire wrote:

Hi all,

I'm up for spot of footy.  Just want to clarify that it is inside, air conditioned with plenty of fluid available for revival.  I'm totally with jayjay1970 I think I'd die if it's in this heat!

But count me in anyway.  When and where?

Carl.

Wellcome Carl. Don't worry nobody will force you to run until you are dead - as the title of this threat says "just for fun" :D

So far I count 11 votes (perhaps, till next week we will find one more?!). The two best dates are:
Monday 21oo - 22oo and
Tuesday 21oo - 22oo

I will ask for a pitch at this times but I prefer Monday (because especially durring spring, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays there are all the Championsleague Games - there for of course we can meet in a pup :lol:)

Does someone has a ball (and maybe a pump)? otherwise I will organize one...

Cool! I might live.......

Pump I can help with, ball nope but I can pick one up, the question is where are we playing? I'm guessing you'll know that once you've booked it......derrrrr

Ok Guys

I'm in contact with Mr. Debono from the Pembroke Athleta FC and will meet him today evening. But the cornerstones are already clear:

- Date: Monday 26th August 21:00
- Place: Club House Pembroke Athleta Sports Club (Triq Profs. W. Ganado/Triq Tunis)
copy/paste this coordinates in Google Maps 35.924662,14.482565
It is easy to reach by bus: stations within a 500 m radius are Swieqi [Lines 12, 13, 33, 202, 203, 222, 233]; Pembroke [12, 13, 33, 120, 202, 203, 205, 222, 233, X1] and Normandy [12, 120, 202, 203, 205].
- Price: 30 EUR for 1h 10min (it's about 3 EUR per person :P)
- Dressing rooms available
- the pitch: fits for 5/6 a side; floodlight is included; goals 3/2 m; artificial turf (so please wear ordinary sports shoes or those football shoes with a lot of studs  (I don't know the English name)

He also will support us with a ball and ribbons. So there is no need to organize a ball or a pump anymore.

After today's meeting I will confirm the details above and inform you if there are any changes.

if all goes well work wise I ll be there :)

Excellent work you guys, will be there !
Cheers
Andy

Hi

Just seen all these threads.

I live in Sweiqi and would be keen for any 5 aside football.

Cheers

Vincent

the more the merrier :) we can have substitutes :)

Excellent! Do we have any details of training (assuming we train) or perhaps a meet & greet?

thanks

Vincent

Hi all, any progress with the expat 5 a side footy? Great idea by the way. My husband tried to set up an expat team when we moved here to Marsascala in 2009 but unfortunately there was not much interest. He has ended up playing Futsal with the local lads but really misses the old British 5 a side teams. Good luck.

Also forgot to say my husband is also a registered footy coach so if you need to borrow any equipment for your training
( cones, bibs, etc) just send him an email. Its Austin Grimmant and his email is [email protected]

I'm in.
AstroTurf boots polished an ready to go!

Ok Guys
Yesterday evening I had the appointment with Mr. Debono and took a look at the pitches. There will be a little change:

Place: We are playing at Pembrokes new pitches on this coordinates 35.930244,14.486919 (copy/paste it into google  maps)next to the "Radisson Blue Hotel". There is a bus station near by called "Rigord" - lines: 13, 120, 205. There is also a very big parking lot if you prefer to come by car.

Time and date are still the same - so be there on Monday 26th Aug. at latest 9pm (better earlier - if you have to change your dress).

I'm not sure whether the pitches are big enough for a 6 a side (it should be just good) - but if it should be to cramped there is the possibility to expand it by a second pitch (this would be cost about 45 EUR). I told him that we will give it a try to play on one pitch and will decide whether we want to expand it the week after or not.

There is one disadvantage: They are still building this area and even the new club house. The problem is, that there is no shower available yet. [But the sea is very close to it, so it should be possible to go for a quick jump if you need to ;)]

EDIT: Please don't forget 3 EUR each.
If there are 12 people coming, we collect 36 EUR. If we stay on a small pitch, the extra 6 EUR will be stored and every 5th game will be "free" (actually not free, but you know what I mean ;)).

Vincentma wrote:

Hi
Just seen all these threads.
I live in Sweiqi and would be keen for any 5 aside football.
Cheers
Vincent

Welcome in our group. Indeed we need one more player for a 6 a side. So if you a willing to join just vote at the doodle poll http://doodle.com/9fdapibqeuepzw48. Than everybody will be up to date. Than we should be 12.

Lisagrimmo wrote:

Hi all, any progress with the expat 5 a side footy? Great idea by the way. My husband tried to set up an expat team when we moved here to Marsascala in 2009 but unfortunately there was not much interest. He has ended up playing Futsal with the local lads but really misses the old British 5 a side teams. Good luck.

Haha it sounds you want to get rid of your husband - just for a view hours :P
Well actually for our first try next Monday we are already 12 Persons and we should have everything we need (ball, ribbons) but big thanks for the offer. Really kind of you. :)

Andi, let me be the first to thank you for your hard work on this - and the first one to buy you a beer after the game on Monday!

Looking forward to kicking b*** on all of you :D

Mike

beautiful work Ands ! you are my hero ! :D didn't touch a ball since at least 3 months ago ! it is a sacrilege for a big football fan like me ^^ could my brother and me play in the same squad? say yes of I will tackle you !!! :lol:

Oh I forgot that one of us won't be here next week. So unfortunately we are just 11. It would be wonderful if someone else can join us. I'm wondering that there is no noise from JayJay anymore (even via PM)?! The week after axiorigins brother won't be here anymore. Hence, we need someone anyway.

MikoHassing wrote:

Andi, let me be the first to thank you for your hard work on this - and the first one to buy you a beer after the game on Monday!

Looking forward to kicking b*** on all of you :D

Haha Thank you very much for the flowers...actually there is a bar in the club house (haha I just notice that they build a bar but not a shower :lol:)

aixorigin wrote:

beautiful work Ands ! you are my hero ! big_smile didn't touch a ball since at least 3 months ago ! it is a sacrilege for a big football fan like me ^^ could my brother and me play in the same squad? say yes of I will tackle you !!! lol

Thank you :cool: But to be honest, I just opened this threat and was looking for the pitch. Anything else was our (!) thing ;) In this sense thank YOU :)

Great work AndS!
I have a guy I work with who would like to play...
I can bring him along on Monday..?

fsasam wrote:

Great work AndS!
I have a guy I work with who would like to play...
I can bring him along on Monday..?

Yes of course. Than we should be 12 - so perfect ;)

See you all on Monday

Sorry for my late reply guys, moving across on the 12th of next month so count me in!

hey guys!!
soooooooooo sorry i ll miss this monday's game unfortunately i m working until late monday and i will not be able to make it. let me know when next game is and i ll do my best to be off work :)

Hiiii

We are so so sorry and very sad to have missing the game tonight ! Actually we were at the beach on the north of Malta and we had issues with buses for the return : Firstly we waited 1 hour and after there was an accident on the road so we had to go down the bus and thumb a lift... it was already 21:30 when we finally arrived at home...
Anyway, I hope you succeed to manage.
Again a BIG SORRY to all of you guys...

Bye bye

Thanks for organising tonight Andi, really enjoyed it, looking forward to next week, you might want to take everyones e.mail address to see who is in or out each week, am on arw5athotmaildotcom.
Cheers

how was it??????????

Thanks for the match.
Bartosz

It was very good, we were 8 people (of the originally 12 that booked) that actually showed up, so we had to play 4 against 4.

But very nice pitch and we had a lot of fun with it.

We're playing against next week at the same time & place, so make sure to book a place now if you want to join in on the fun.

i already told andy next week im off from work so i ll join u guys for sure :)