Job offer for investment professional in abu dhabi

Hi All,

I need your help in evaluating a job offer I have received in Abu Dhabi. I am currently in Mumbai,India and am considering moving specifically for this offer.

The job profile is to manage a corpus of private individual fund,with investments in listed equities as well as private equity and other global fund managers. I am an engineer and mba from top schools in India and also completed the cfa ,USA course.

The position reports directly to cfo and there are no other team members.

The compensation offered isbasic 8500
Housing 6600
Utility and living 2700
Vehicle incl of fuel 2050
Mobile 200

Total 20050

I am expecting the variable pay to be 15_20% of the annual basic pay, although it would not be mentioned in the formal offer letter,as indicated by them.

Medical n health insurance is provided by the company for me n family. Yearly flight tickets also provided for family.
I am married and would relocate along with my wife. We prefer a 2bhk in a good locality.

How do you think is the offer? I,for one think it's lower than what I expected. Am I being too unreasonable?

Hi and welcome to Expat.com freebee!

I hope the other forum members will be able to help you out with this.

Regards
Armand

Hello members,

Request you to please help me out on this one.

Awaiting replies.

Thank you.

Hello Members!

No replies yet? Can the moderators help please? Its an important decision for me so appreciate any help.

Regards.

Hello freebee.

I would advise you to have a look at the threads of these forums; Working in Abu Dhabi or even this one; Cost of living in Abu Dhabi. You'll receive lots of informations.

Thanks

Karen :)

hi there, can u assist me

Hi SBOSH,

How can we be helpful to you? :)

Regards,

David.

The basic package is not bad at all. the issue is how realistic it is to make the commission on top of your basic pay.
Are you from a finance background?  Because if not this is a fantastic opportunity to get a break in the industry.

another issue is opportunity cost. What  are you giving up for this opportunity?  What are you doing now as a job?

Other question is the size of the company and the scope for advancement. if it is a fairly large company with  good prospect for advancement then it maybe be worth your while. As someone who is currently working in the industry  in the UAE the basic is actually about the average  for  personal finance professional in the UAE.  but then it is all about the prospect of the commission.

Hi kevangel,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Thank you for the sharing of information ;)

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Kevangel,

Thank you very much for sharing your views.

There is no commission and this is not a retail job. This would be into portfolio management and I will manage only a single portfolio investing in different asset classes globally. I would be entitled to a variable pay at the end of the year (around 25% of basic).

As for my background, yes I am already from finance background, but my profile is different currently (advisory in a big4) and this profile change is very much desired (change from sell side to buy side for me).

The company is decently large and a known name (going by internet searches done by me) in AD. Not sure if I should disclose the name here.

Happy to hear your thoughts. Thanks again!