Horse riding, stables

Hi guys,
Anyone familiar with horse riding possibilities in the central area of Mauritius? Im looking for a place for so long, but all the stables I found are either far North or even further South...

There is a horse riding center in Floreal, Curepipe. But it belongs to the Mauritius Turf Club, which is the registered body for organising and managing horse racing in Mauritius. There is also a section that caters to retired horses. However, I'm not sure if it's open to the general public. You can contact them for more information.

www.mauritiusturfclub.com

I used to be a member of Club Hippique in Floreal and did riding for many months. You can visit them and the will give you the information you require.

Thank you guys, I'll give it a try!

terence wrote:

I used to be a member of Club Hippique in Floreal and did riding for many months. You can visit them and the will give you the information you require.

Terence don't you need recommendation from existing members to be part of the club??

You need recommendation from other members to be part of Club Hippique , but for information regarding stables etc and to which part of Mauritius to do horse riding , you don't need to be a member. They will assist.

In Pailles you find also horse stables.
Unfortunately it seems that there are guys that cannot really handle properly these great animals.
I saw when a horse got brought there in a big container with other horses. I guess it was quite hot in the trailer and the brown horse had big white marks on the side like sweat marks. It was obviously irritated (like the other horses, banging the walls inside the container when standing in the sun) and quite hectic but the guy who brought it away did everything to not make it feel better or calm down. (Pulling the rope like hell and giving him a look like he was pissed that it is the horses fault that he had to work).

hi,
if you want to ride horses,
you can go at floreal .club hipique de maurice,
you have make your aplication on site then after board meeting in 3 to 7 days they will call u.
if u accept the terms and conditions, you can start your ride as a novice and so on...
you are from where?

Hi! Originally from Hungary but I've been working here in Mauritius for 3 years now... I'm not really looking for a professional environment, just want to get back on riding as leisure activity... So Club Hippique would be a bit too high profile for me I guess...

There are many other small stables...namely Forbach Stables in the North, Centre Equestre de Riambel in the South and Haras du Morne.
There are also stables at La Brasserie in Curepipe and Mon Choisy...but I think they cater more to training of jockeys.

hello guys
i'am looking for the application form for jockey.

Try to call Mauritius Turf Club to get the info.

Thank you

Hello. I want to start learning horse riding. Any horse riding school in Curepipe?

Hello Lola090999,

There was/is one in Curepipe/Floréal, you will easily find the name and contacts on google, however, I don't know whether they still offer courses.

Hope members will provide some answers. Are you looking only in the centre ?

All the best,

Bhavna

@Kaviraj G where are the stables in Mont Choisy?

Hello Nat26ly,

This member is no longer on the forum.

Might be this one >  montchoisy.com/en/lifestyle/mont-choisy-stables but not sure. Better you give them a call.

All the best,

Bhavna