What is the best way for relocate to Brazil?

Hi this is Badarinath from India, I have been working as a heavy tractor trailer driver in India, I would like to change my carrier in Brazil highways. I have visit many consultant offices in India but I have not received any correct way to replace to Brazil.However in work permit visa application they required sponsorship letter from employer. But in the Brazil Transport companies were not mention applications for Indians. What is the best way for relocate to Brazil?

Amy, have you tried to stay as a refuge?

DR

Hi tanbadri,

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Brazil forum as you were off topic on the previous thread.

Thanks,
Christine
Expat.com team

Regarding relocation to Brazil the very first and most important thing one can do is learn the language. While English may be widely considered a "universal" language, especially when it comes to commerce, English is NOT widely spoken here not even in the business world. So a good understanding of Portuguese and the ability to communicate with those around you in any situation is essential. If you can't speak the language here you simply will not have any kind of successful adaptation to life here.

The next consideration is to have a clear understanding that for foreigners it is by no means easy to find a job here. Brazilian laws obligate employers to clearly demonstrate that they have exhausted all efforts to place a qualified Brazilian in any job vacancy before they can hire a foreigner to fill the position. Only those with degrees and experience in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) field professions find it a little easier to secure work here.

For foreigners one of the most successful ways to establish themselves here in Brazil is to either invest in a business or to have some marketable skill that they can use in order to generate a reliable income without reliance on being employed by someone else. Setting up one's own business here is a long and onerous task which requires the assistance of both a lawyer and accountant to accomplish.

Investment is the best and least complicated route to obtain a Permanent Visa, one need only have R$150,000 (USD $75,000) to invest and a business plan. About the only real requirement is that you can prove that when it comes time to renew the visa three years from being granted that your initial investment has not been repatriated. Other than that there is a great deal of flexibility.

If one is expecting to come here on a VITEM-V work visa then be warned that these are only issued for those individuals who have confirmed work contracts here in Brazil, are being sponsored by their potential employer and the visa will be issued for the duration of the contract or two years whichever is greater, in most cases.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team