Adrien, 28years old, recently moved to HCM and new on ExpatBlog

Hello everybody,

My name is Adrien. I recently moved from France to come live with my vietnamese girl friend in Ho Chi Minh City.

I came on this forum for few raisons:

I want to make new friends in Saigon, vietnamese, french, and any other nationalities...

I plan to learn vietnamese very soon and this website as been very useful to get informations.

Later this year, I would like to buy motorbike such as Suzuki DR, Yamaha XT... and do the trip to Hanoi, I just need to find someone to go with...

Bye.

Thought it was much easier for you to do all that things. How about your Vietnamese gf?? I think its a good idea to learn the language and travel with lover. Cause you would have more time to practice in any case anytime and... Its more exciting ;) welcome to HCMC city, anyway. People here are very friendly. You will have bunch of good friends here soon. :) have a nice day!

Hi Adrien,

welcome to expat :)

I like your plans for the bike trip although I think you may struggle witht he choice of bikes you have mentioned :) Give it a year and I'm sure you'll understand why :)
Plenty of people do the trip so I'm sure you wont struggle to find someone to accompany you.

Hi Adrien!
Hearty welcome to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!
Wish a prolonged happy life with your girlfriend in Vietnam!!
You will find so many French guys and also other Nationalities here together with lot of friendly and goodhearted Vietnamese!
Good luck!

Thank you all for your advise and welcome messages. :-)

Adrien, your girlfriends English name is not Rosie by any chance.

Hi colinoscapee,
No, she's not on expatblog at all.

Ok, its just that my ex-landladys dughter has a French boyfriend same age and name, that was all.

Hi, Welcome to Viet Nam! You're intending to do the trip to Ha Noi by motorbike? We (I mean young generation of Viet Nam) do call it "phượt", I think if this is the first time you've been in Viet Nam, you should join a "phượt" group to travel, it's probably safer for you. Just my opinion :D

Welcome / Bienvenu !
I just moved in Saigon for the same reason! God, these girls would make us do anything!!! If you want a classmate for Vietnamese lessons, I think I need some kind of motivation too so let me know!
See you around
Mathieu