Cost of living in Amman

Hi,

I am an Indian.
I am planning to move Amman, Jordan next month.
Please let me know the cost of living there compared to Dubai or Muscat.

Thanks,

Linu

it's less that there , but still some where here is very expensive :)
any way! Jordan is good destination!!
I'm sure u 'll like it ,
and hope meet u here soon :)

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.
We will meet there in middle of March'10.

Regards,

Linu

Hi, I am Indonesian and planning to move to Amman, Jordan. I am wondering if it is easy to get a job there. I am having a master degree in Mathematics. For Linu, have you got an accomodation in Amman? I am also planning to arrive in the middle of march?

Thanks
SQ Gold

Hi,

For me my new Employer is arranging Accomodation...

Regards,

Linu

u r always welcome  :)

linupp wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.
We will meet there in middle of March'10.

Regards,

Linu

hi...maybe someone can advise me regarding the salary for a full professor at a university in Jordon?

I am getting an offer from Amman, jordan based MNC. I am currently in India and considering accepting the offer.
I am looking at some of the information on the living expenses.
What are the accommodation rates in Jordan, taxi rates, food etc.
Is there any indian restaurant, Indian stores in jordan, from where we can get indian food or indian grocery.
Basically I am looking at the information regarding daily expenses. How much money do i need for my basic stay in Amman.

Thanks in Advance for feedback.

Regards,
Mangat

hi Mangat...
and welcome 2 Jordan...

Indian food and grocery u can find in some plaeces in Amman .. not easy as Gluf, but there is...

Can anyone give me information on opportunities for Software QA Engineer in Jordan - Amman and salary range for the same job? Appreciate any help.

Hi kmishra,

It really depends on the type of company you would work with, however with this recession alot of companies are doing cut backs,but you can always try your luck.

Hi unique001,

Thanks for your reply. I'll be in Amman in early June and will explore some opportunities.

yes ... in Amman many IT company..
new one is Yahoo.com
IT is good salary here... (600- 1200 $ and maybe more)
ur certificates  are help, if u have Project mang. it's gave u more value.

Thank you Shobaki. Your reply is of great help. I have seen many of your posts that are so helpfult for the expats. On behalf of all the expats, I would like to thank you for all your help! Keep up the good job of helping all. Bets Wishes.

KM

Dear Kmishra
Thanx for warm words , you encourage me to write and help other expat more and more..
Actually I feel it's one of my Duties, bcz we learned in our childhood that who help people , God will love hem, help hem ..
And leaned too that who knows any info could be benefit or useful to somebody, and he didn't give it for hem , he comes to be bad boy.
Thank you again, hope if I could help all people.
Welcome to Jordan dear Kmishra..

Have nice trip.

Thank you, Shobaki! Yes , I agree, helping others always helps ourselves too. What goes around, comes around! And good and helpful people like you always make people's life easier and more comfortable in an unknown place. I hope and wish you keep up this noble job of helping! My experience with Jordanians is that they are very freindly and helpful people. I have been to Jordan 3 times and this will be my 4th trip. But now since my husband is thinking of moving back for good, I have been looking into the opportunities and options of employment there. Anyways, I'll post any questions I have and hopefully will hear back rom you with valuable info. Again, thank you very much for your post.

KM

Hi shobaki,

What are the flat rentals like? Cost of living. Are there good schools? Any indian schools? We are moving from kuwait.Are there enough job opportunities for women?