Can't get iTunes in DR

Apple USA tells me I can't use my USA credit cards to subscribe to iTunes for use in the Dominican Republic. Sounds crazy, but they say I must open an account in the DR to access iTunes and purchase Apple aps.
   I presume an alternative is buying iTunes gift cards here and entering the code to purchase music and aps.  But I'm unable to find any place in Santo Domingo that sells iTunes cards. Any one using iTunes here???? How do you do it?
                             William in San Cristobal.

Many of us have had several similar problems.IF your credit card official address is in the DR you will often be blocked OR if your IP address shows DR then the same can happen.I had quite a time getting Paypal account linked to my DR cards.

One way is to register your cards official address to a Miami PO box via a mail forwarder. That is what  I do.  I use CPS out of both Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata. I got around Paypal,Ebay and Amazon this way.

Maybe someone else has other ideas.

It is most likely your IP address. This happens all the time. You can get a program that will block you IP address and make it seem as if coming from the US.
We had to do this originally to get books to down load to our Nook reader from Barnes and Noble.
Currently our internet provider provides us with a US IP address so no longer a problem.

Bob K

Which internet provider  Bob????

We are using de Lancer cable here on the north coast and their signal is from Miami.  Works like a charm

Bob K

Darn only available in Sosua.

Correct only in the Sosua area

Bob K

hey william
i have family in San Cristobal  and i was just there a week ago and did not have problems with my itunes when i was there. and i also opened a new account for them there and used my USA credit card there too to purchase a couple of apps.  now i had itunes on my phone and i open a new account on their PC  and used my CC.  what i did on their PC was change my region to USA so when u put in billing it allows you to enter your US billing address. and on my phone i just did it as i would here in the US.

William, another option might be to use a proxy server such as Spotflux. When you connect through a proxy, iTunes would not know you were outside of the US. iTunes may have some sort of restriction prohibiting proxies, but I haven't run any while living and traveling in Latin America.

I use unotelly.com to get a usa isp number. You can also change it to Europe if you need it. It costs about $5usd. It works great getting Net Flix from USA instead of Latin America. I never tried it with ITunes but I registered on ITunes from DR and never had a problem. I said I was from USA and used paypal.

Thanks for all the creative solutions. A friend in Miami was able to enter my USA billing information successfullly.
IŽm now with iTunes, many aps and new chat platforms. Next up is Netflix and, hopefully, Hulu.