Thailand a dream destination?

Is Thialand well and truly a dream country to live in?
then where would be ? name of the suburbs?
I have been looking at prices of condos there but there aren't that cheap as i thought
Can anyone please give me some opinions?

Thanks heaps,

Ray:)

Depends where in Thailand you want to live. Bangkok is expensive compared to Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai up north. 

Pattaya has units for sale but Pattaya beaches are dirty in comparison with what you find in australia.

And it is not a dream country to live in if you are on a shoe string budget.

Long term visas require a lot of time effort and paperwork as well as expense.

In reality it is not a dream country. Having said that, it is an individual choice as to where you settle, but do not go into it with the dream in your head as the reality can be harsh.

Be a realist not a dreamer.

Depends where in Thailand you want to live. Bangkok is expensive compared to Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai up north. 
>>yes, i was thinking about Chiang Rai that area as this place seems to be still untouched compared to other parts of Thai ?

And it is not a dream country to live in if you are on a shoe string budget.
>> sounds like you have lived in Thai for a while ? whats your background and how come you know so much about this country ?

Long term visas require a lot of time effort and paperwork as well as expense.
>>I had a look through on retirement visa  , so have you already
gone through the visa process in the past ??

In reality it is not a dream country. Having said that, it is an individual choice as to where you settle, but do not go into it with the dream in your head as the reality can be harsh.

Be a realist not a dreamer.
>> Much appreciated for the true opinion !
yea I have been dreaming to live there...after 40 or so
but it seems this whole world becoming more corrupted day by day regardless of which part of the world we live in !
I am still hoping to live somewhere remote over in Thai (if i can find a good place) , just with basic needs of life (eat well, drink once or twice a week with friendly ppl, and affordibility to do leisure etc)
does it sound too much ? :)