Is the family required to be inside Kingdom during Iqama transfer ?

Hi All,

I am getting transferred from One employer to another through the local release. This is an Immediate requirement from my client and I heard this takes at least a months time.

I heard my family also needs to be inside kingdom during the process. Unfortunately my family cannot  come and stay in side the Kingdom for this duration at this point of time . My question is , Do my family need to be necessarily in side the Kingdom during this Transfer process ( As I am the sponsor of my family  and what is changing is only my employer/sponsor ) .I basically want to maintain my family Visa and do the transfer which is an urgent need.

Thanks
Jumbo

Seems your Iqama needs renewal as well. For Iqama renewal, all the family members has to be back to KSA.

No LegendLeads,Our Iqama was renewed recently (last November ) . Only My sponsor is changing ( transfer ) now.

And their multiple Exit re-entry Visa was renewed just 10 days back before they Left kingdom . So I have no worries of any such renewals for at least another 6 months.

Thanks for the reply

-Jumbo

jumbojam wrote:

No LegendLeads,Our Iqama was renewed recently (last November ) . Only My sponsor is changing ( transfer ) now.

And their multiple Exit re-entry Visa was renewed just 10 days back before they Left kingdom . So I have no worries of any such renewals for at least another 6 months.

Thanks for the reply

-Jumbo

To the best of what I know, family presence here must not be required.

Redirecting you to @HRGuru.
Send him a message from here: https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php?id=631383

Thanks LegendLeads , I will do that . Appreciate your attitude to Help.

-Jumbo

Hi TLL,

HRGuru has confirmed the Family presence is not needed during the Iqama transfer. thought I will update the thread so that some else gets befitted here..

I am still confused why my new company is insisting that I should submit both my and and my family's Passports for the procedure....Now I am guessing It could be some thing like , " Family's presence inside the Kingdom is not required , but their Passports and Iqamas are required for the procedure" ...I donno...still checking with HRGuru regarding this...will update the thread...

Thanks
Jumbo

This is for the benefit for the other here.Just thought of updating the thread.

My Transfer is finally done. My family was not needed inside the kingdom for the process.

And Yes, My Previous Multiple exit re-entry was not valid anymore and had to be cancelled for the transfer. they issued me a new Multiple exit re-entry . The logic seems to be , my previous Visa was issued by my previous sponsor and as that is getting changed , the Visa would no more be valid and a new visa needs to be issued by my new Sponsor for me to travel.

Thanks
Jumbo

Thanks.
Did your wife face any difficulty on airport when she enter Saudi Arabia, because in her Aqama and passport old company was mentioned?"
please reply me