Where to find a true French baguette??

Almost everywhere here sells these loaves of bread that they call baguettes, but they are impostors.  Many of them are hard and stale before they're even sold!  I've tried L'ebi and Matilda's (though they do have some good cupcakes) and fairly good but no dice.  Does anyone know of anyplace that has true French baguettes?  Thanks!

If you find out we want to know too !

About a year ago, I had lunch with a friend at a restaurant in the Gallerie Pacifica (on the first floor, not in the food court) The bread was fantastic. I asked the hostess where they got the bread and she gave me the name and phone number. When I called, about 10:00 one morning, there was no answer. Odd, thought I, it must be a ommercial bakery and the work during the night and had gone home.
Wrong!! I was so excited to read an article in the Sept-Oct
issue of BA MAG about the bakery. They are closed on Mondays.
For some reason the article doesn't have the address and I think that if I check the website now, it might cancel this note, so I'll give you the lepi.com.ar. I will add that bakery looks very authentic and everything they sell is great.
It is in a rather out of they way location.  Bon appetit.

Unfortunately, l'epi's write up is better than the baguettes itself.  I went to the store in Recoleta and was so excited i bought 2 without looking at them first.   They were fresh but if you have tasted true baguettes in France or in NYC (where i'm from), then you know that the baguettes in BA is not the same animal.  it is denser and coarser in texture and does not have that beautiful and comforting aroma.  If you warm up the baguette to crisp up the crust and scoop out the bread interior, it makes a decent sandwich.

very disappointed....the search goes on.

Unfortunately, I have no clue about French baguettes in specific, but I do love the bread at Hausbrot.  There are several around town and I believe they only use natural ingredients.  I have loved everything I have ever purchased there but do not recall if I ever saw baquettes there. Here is their website:

http://www.hausbrot.com.ar/

I love L'epi and after almost 4 years of living here and not liking any of the bread, I will be content with their version. I buy the miga for sandwiches, the queso for sandwiches also and the almond croissants to make sure I have to starve myself the next day :)
Rural, a shop on Pueyrredon between Las Heras and Melo, sells L'epi breads too .

WynnWoods, I walk by Hausbrot all the time and never paid attention. I will go there this week .. nothing like Taste testing all the bakeries in town !

The interesting thing is that Hausbrot is so good, yet there are several in town (15 total including the ones in the suburbs).  They have a variety of natural offering other than bread to which include organic rice and grains, empanadas, etc.  They are quite the little shop!

yes   i tried the one in Alto palermo mall.   the whole grain breads are very good, the best I've had in Buenos Aires.  but they are nothing like a french baguette (which is a different animal all together).    thank you for the great suggestion.   they also have great tortas and other goodies as well.