Hello!

Good afternoon, members of the Forum,

I am a married 30-something mom of three. We currently live in beautiful Cape Town, but due to various reasons we have decided to move to another country. And after exhaustive debating over a few years, we have decided to move to New Zealand. I have looked at all the information available to me, but I still have a few questions I was hoping to ask future fellow expats. Would you mind if I picked your brain?

My hubby is a very talented senior.net solutions architect, and we are not 100% sure whether we should come to NZ on a visitors visa, find a job and then change the visa to a work visa or whether we must go through the whole process and then immigrate en masse? We would love it if he were to go first and then I follow with 2-3 months with the kids. Is that allowed?

Jen

IT jobs are hard to find in NZ. Best you check the NZ Govt website as to what sort of visa you need. 
If you do not have the right sort of visa and you are found out you will be banned from ever entering NZ again.

Hi Stumpy, thanks for your reply. I was very surprised to see that theer are so few IT jobs. IT dev is on the long term skills shortage list. Are you south african and have you gone through the process? Are there any hints you can give me? Best regards

Hi
he should come first and check out the job market...(FYI the skill you refer to is only on the skills shortage list provided the applicant has the exact qualifications to support it as stated ont he list)..so its not as simple as that..so you may not be able to apply en masse for PR from SA in any event.