Regarding New Zealand PR with 140 Points

Hi All,

I have 140 Points and I have got my ITA approved for EOI I submitted. I am from India and currently living in Australia as my husband is working here. I am interested in moving to New Zealand as I am software engineer with 10 years of experience in Java and J2EE Technologies. As in SMC it was mentioned that your full qualification should be in English I have selected that and my ITA was approved. Now my question is in my approved ITA it is mentioned that
PLEASE NOTE: Regardless of the statement you select, INZ may ask you to provide an IELTS
Certificate If my entire Education is in English and assessed at level 9 for MIS Computer Science. Do I still need to give IELTS.
Also I want to know has anybody got PR without giving IELTS and without Job Offer from New Zealand.
Any help in this regard will be helpful as it will help me to take decision for submitting my ITA with required details.

Hi Manisha,
As long as you are not a citizen of English speaking country, you are entitled to provide IELTS score or you may get a letter from your school authorities that you had done your education in English which would be difficult as you are currently in Australia.
It is better to provide IELTS, but remember that you have only 4 months to get the IELTS and NZQA to submit the application for VISA.

Regards,
Midhun

Thanks for reply but somewhere it was also mentioned that they will also see currently you are in residing in which country. Since I am currently in Australia and it is English speaking country will it be helpful.
If IELTS exemption can be considered or IELTS is required. Also I want to know police verification do we need to get from India or if we can get from Indian High commission in Australia.
Has anybody got PR without Job Offer and IELTS score with 140 Points

Hi, they 'may' ask you for IELTS, but if they are happy they may not.

Hi Manisha,

Your Case Office (CO) may at his/her discretion ask for latest valid IELTS score. It's totally up to your CO. Me and my spouse were asked to furnish IELTS scores despite providing evidence, that we studied in English medium plus worked in jobs, where English was required.

As for getting a PR without a job offer, yes you can. I got PR without a job offer and I had just 125 points. But totally depends on case to case basis as assessed by the case officer.

If a person's application and the person demonstrates the ability to be able to sustain him/herself plus has the potential to get a job, CO may, at his/her discretion award PR. So that's the risk you take.

As I already mentioned a couple of times, totally depends on the assessment of the application done by the CO where he/she weighs in all the information you provide him via your application, documents to support your application and information provided during the interview.

Disclaimer: I'm no immigration advisor. So use the information I provided at your own risk.

All the best with your application.

Cheers,
- A

Thanks for the reply. There is one more point which was mentioned on SMC during filling the form.
It asked that if your Husband can become primary applicant with IELTS score of 6.5 as he has IELTS score of 6.5. We can show that as proof of test result. As my quallification is MCA and MIS will same points of 140 be considered with his score

If I understand your question correctly.

When your husband becomes the primary applicant, all the points will be based on his qualifications, job experience, age etc.

Since you will become a dependent, there would be some point for your education qualification (subject to approval/recognition by NZQA). So no, not all your 140 points will add to the application if he is the primary applicant.

NZQA and Immigration department provide a list of recognized universities and colleges plus degrees that qualify for points. If your qualification/university is not listed you may still be able to claim points by having your qualification assessed by NZQA by paying some fee.

check here:
http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/Rec … cation.htmhttp://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42640.htm

Cheers,
- A

I just check the immigration website: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ … efault.htm

It mentions that "To gain bonus points for your partner's qualification, your partner needs to meet the same English language requirements as you." so basically to claim points for your qualifications when your husband is the primary application you would need to furnish a score of 6.5 in IELTS too!

All the links I've posted are still under review so you may want to search for "partner qualification" at the Immigration NZ site.

Hi !

is there any update for your process? I m very keen to know since same thing was happened here.

Thanks,

Hi

I am still waiting for my NZQA report to come from NZQA for skill assessment after that only I can submit ITA. I saw in the points calculator if husband can become primary applicant with score. There wont be any issue I hope.

Regards
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

Hope I can help you on this as I am also on same boat.

1. If you have enough qualifications and experience in which mode of communication is english, CO wont mind about IELTS.
2. It is always better to have NZQA done even your university in exemption list.

I got around 145 points and i sent an application in mid of november. CO get back to me and asked for NZQA . I applied for NZQA (fast track), and waiting for result. CO mailed me that he can keep my application hold until i get my NZQA assessment results.

Currently I am in NZ and Hope i get a positive result soon.

Regards,
Koneru

Hi Koneru

Thanks for the positive reply.
I have got my NZQA report yesterday with Point 9 score and now I am in process of submitting my application to London Branch early next week.
I just want to know do we need to get the medical done before submitting the application or we can get it done once CO tells us to get the medical done

Also after getting ITA I guess we cant fly to NZ. till we get PR branch. Are you in NZ or Job visa or particular visa

Kindly confirm

Regards
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

if you send application without medicals done, they won't consider your application to be complete and send it you back. So be sure to finish medicals before you send.
I applied for skilled pr and tried for job. They provide workpermit for me for 1 year and now I m on workpermit.

Regards,
Koneru

Hi Koneru

Thanks for the response I will get the medical done now only.
One more question I have I got the ITA with the fees details if 1225 UK Pound. But I got the notification by NZQA to submit with new fees and levi.
By chance are you aware what is the new fees for London branch How much I have to pay including the fees of the post.

Regards
Manisha.

Hi sorry I m not aware of increased fees. But I believe we need to write our card details and they will debit from card.
Even I paid 1225 pounds.

Regards,
Prasad Koneru

Hi,
You can check the fees from the immigration website. Every half yearly, they revise the fee charges according to the currency depreciation/appreciation value of NZ.

Regards,
Midhun

Hi Experts

I have two more question before I submit my application to London Branch without Job offer. I have collected copies below as mentioned

Cover Letter
Application Form
INZ1134 Form
Qualification certificates attested copies
NZQA report
Medical NZ  Numbers for test done
Work Experience attested copies
English Language certificates and IELTS
Police Certificates
Relationship evidences

1. From the above list of documents do I need to send any other documents also in case I missed any.

2. Also I want to know after submission of documents to London Branch how many days it takes to get residency visa without Job Offer.
It is already 4 months time when I am in process of my documents after getting ITA in October.

Regards
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

If you are married then a proof of relationship also is required.
The time duration after submission would be 2-6 months, and it depends on how fast a CO is allocated and your background verification is completed.
For me, the visa was granted in 3 months.

Hi Midhunov,

Did you had any interview with CO? Actually I got scheduled interview on feb 17th. Could you please tell me what kind of questions he ask in interview?

Regards,
Koneru

Hi

Thanks very much for the reply. I will be sending my documents tomorrow. Please do share the questions asked in interview with CO for people without Job offer. As we are one of those without Job offer.

Regards
Manisha

For me the interview happened. The questions were generally based on how you are going to settle there, what do you know about the job opportunities in NZ. Are you planning to buy a house etc. She also asked me what do you do to get a job there and what is the workaround if you are not getting it.
The interview went for 1 hour and there is no much preparations required.

Hi All

Thanks very much for keeping the thread alive with queries and inputs.I have submitted my documents and they will reach London Branch by tomorrow. How we will come to know the allocation of CO to our case. Will we get any Email from CO for case allocation.

Regards
Mainsha

Hi Manisha,

All the best. CO will mail you if they need any information or documents. But it takes time. As far I know, it will take around 2 months in London branch to assign CO.

Regards,
Koneru

Hi All,

Our ITA has been submitted and received by London branch and now we are told that they will lodge an application.
Will I get any email with details of application number where we can check the status of CO.

Since we are without job offer I believe it will take more than 3 months in our case from London branch to assign a CO and verify the details.

If we apply from Australia will they expedite the case or location does not matter for them.

Regards
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

Congrats. It took 2 months for me to get CO assigned without job offer. I think you will be get assigned within 2-2.5 months( based on no of applications in queue).
You will get an email any status regarding your application. Call to +64  9 914 4100 and ask for link to check the status of application in online. They can send you link to ur email so that you need to register and log to check status.
Even you r in Australia or USA ( except NZ), the case is same. They won't prioritize based on residing country from which you lodged application.

Regards,
Koneru

Hi Experts,
I have one query, I have sent all the documents to London branch and they have logged the application. As we are without Job offer they have given us time of 4 to 6 months for CO to be assigned and we have to wait.
My question is I have sent the DOB certificate of my husband attested copy also but it is old certificate issue in 1979. if I need to get issued new DOB certificate from India  how much time we get to submit the certificate. Do we need to call at contact number shared to get the time. As it may take me some time to get duplicate certificate in new format again from India.
Secondly, if it is mentioned as 4 to 6 months then is their any chances of CO allocation at earliest or will it take specified time frame.

Regards
Manisha

Hi Koneru,

How was your interview? What all questions were asked? Can you please provide some details.
My applications submitted and waiting for CO to be assigned.
It will be helpful for us during our interview.

Thanks for sharing
Regards
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

Interview gone well. Waiting for the decision. Even I submitted NZQA IQA as well.
1. Why New Zealand?
2. Why do you think this is appropriate time to plan to settle in NZ
3. What are schools you have researched to join your daughter?
4. How do you want to settle?
5. Which location in Auckland you are planning to buy house
6. Asked what technology me and wife both working and searching
7. How n what do you contribute to NZ
8. Any reasons to move from USA to NZ?
9. Etc. I didn't remember few questions.

Regards,
Koneru

Hi Koneru,

Thanks for the response and providing details of questions asked in Interview.

How can I check the status of application number. Is their any link where I can check Application number status after application is lodged. Or we can get information from support officer only.

Regards
Manisha

Hi All
Any advise on the above query
Regards
Manisha

HI Manisha,

I already replied to your query before.

You will get an email any status regarding your application. Call to +64  9 914 4100 and ask for link to check the status of application in online. They can send you link to ur email so that you need to register and log to check status.

Regards,
Koneru

Hi Koneru

I asked the immigration advisor they communicated that application has been lodged and they have provided us with application Number and Client Number in lodgement email. Now we are waiting for allocation of CO so we don't know when we will get the response from CO regarding our file as it is in que without Job offer since 15th Feb 2016

Regards
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

It takes time to get CO allocated. So dnt wrry. As per current situation, CO will be get allocated with in 2 months once you lodged the application.
Good luck..

Regards,
Koneru

Hi Experts,

To our surprise I got email from Case Officer on Friday  asking for additional details.
I have few questions regarding the questions raised by Case Officer.

Since I worked for EBusinessware and CapGemini IT Companies in India
Now my query is he is asking for reference of people to verify from EBusinessware.

My previous company EBusinessware got merged with other company can now it don't exist. Can I give reference details of my manager, whom I was reporting to during my tenure in EBusinessware and I can also give contact details of HR who is now working with new company.

English Language Criteria

I have a question here since my qualification is in English and is assessed at level 9 by NZQA, I have also given letter from University with medium of instruction as English as certified copy and my IELTS score is 6.5, 5.5, 6, 5.5 and Total 6 will there be any issue.

However my Husband IELTS score is 6.5 and I also informed Case officer in the acknowledgement letter that if IELTS 6.5 is criteria, he can consider my husband as primary applicant if required as was mentioned in Points calculator of New Zealand.

Kindly advise how to proceed if previous company is closed. and for Job responsibilities of Software Engineer I have taken description of responsibilities mentioned in 261313 sol list of ANZ.

Regards
Manisha

Hi
Who is the primary applicant? If u are the secondary applicant and giving bonus points to your husband then u need an ielts score of 6.5 total. In my case i didnt do the exam and i was giving points to my hus. Then my co sent an email telling that she will call me for an interview to check my emglish language ability. In case if she is not satisfied i have to provide them with an overall score of 6.5.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Shabana

Hi Shabana

I am the primary applicant and I have NZQA qualification assessment with level9 and also I have provided letter from University with medium of instruction as English.

Secondly in New Zealand Points calculator it is clearly mentioned under section of Partner as mentioned below therefore I have updated that details in Cover Letter.

Partner
Do you have a partner?    YesNo
Would your partner have the required English proficiency to qualify as a principal applicant?

We both have our IELTS score however my Total Score is 6 and his total score is 6.5 which is general requirement of primary applicant.

Regards
Manisha

Hi

Sorry I forgot to add the link from NZ Points calculator
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

Regards
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

As far as I know, they will consider you as primary applicant. And your hubby as co-applicant.
Bcoz you submitted ur previous work experiences documents. For your hubby, I think you haven't submitted work experience docs.
And one more thing, now a days they are asking for Ielts of 6.5 for all primary applicants. But remember it depends on CO.

Regards,
Koneru

Hi Koneru

Thanks for the positive reply. However CO only asked me below details therefore thought in case he may ask

English
Please provide further evidence of your English language abilities. This may include work experience or education undertaken using English as a medium.

For above details I already shared the Letter from University with details mentioned as medium of instruction as English but I think I will send that detail again. Was thinking Just in case he asks for IELTS also.

Any suggestions regarding verification of experience for previous company if company has closed and merged with different company. Can I give reference details of Manager with whom I worked or any suggestions.

Regards
Manisha

Hi Manisha,
Then it was better not to send ur IELTS, instead send the letter from ur university.

Regards,
Midhun