Is possible to get an IT-related job in Hong Kong?

Hi all,

I'm a software tester and a computer science student from Argentina. My age is 27 and i'd like to know if it's possible for me to get a software quality control/development job.

What are the requirements for these jobs and how do job offers work in Hong Kong? Is it harder for a foreigner? Is English language proficiency + working experience enough, or they'll ask for a major grade?

Since i'm planning to live in Hong Kong, i'd really appreciate to have your insight on this.

Thank you all!

It's very possible - if you have the skills & experience that they're looking for.  If you're a student you'll probably have to get in line behind the thousands of applicants who have been doing the job for years.

Being a foreigner doesn't matter as long as the company you work for is willing to jump through all the government hoops to get all the right paperwork done.  It's better if you do something a million Chinese people can't already do.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

So maybe i should aim to find a person who is already working in IT industry to find out what are the hottest employee profiles.

I wonder if spanish language is useful for them.

Spanish in Hong Kong is like chocolate on pizza.

My fiance and I moved here about 16 months ago. He got a job at an international company as their IT Officer, no problem.

Check out sites like JobsDB and I'm sure you can find a few things to apply to!