Car Advice

Dear Expats,

I Am looking to Buy A car

My Preferences are for Camry and Accord.....

I am currently In Riyadh.

If you know any of your friend selling a good car

please let me know

Try going for Camry as it has a long term market value, maintenance is not so high and parts a easily available.

Which model do you need? Any specific price range?

Look up the Toyota Second hand Car Showroom on Prince Saud Street or on Khurais Road. They do have some good bargains, sometimes.

There is also one Abdul Latif Jameel Used Car Toyota Showroom near the Riyadh Gallery. It also has awesome cars in mint condition.

I am trying to estimate the diff b/w a used 2006 ~ 2007

and new one !!

which one will be more worth it

A new 06-07 will be a rare find, if you do get one i'd recommend the new one. Difference will be worth it, Atleast you'd have a new car. Used ones have really hideous histories :D

lol

i m not looking for a new 06~07 -- obviously it will be used

but to find a good used car is hard

and if i go for a new one it will defiantly be '10

There are some low mileage 08-09 parked at ALJ Toyota, and also some new ones which havnt been sold yet.

Yeah getting a good car is hard to find, patience is all it takes.

where is this ALJ toyota ?

do they give same sort of warranty on these cars as well?

3 yrs or 100,000 KM

ALJ is Abdul Latif Jamil, the authorised distributer of Toyota in KSA.

Only their warranty is considered Genuine and they do give warranty on used car also. ALJ used car is near the riyadh gallery. Let me know when you are coming , i live nearby.

Although a very late response to an old post. Im also in search of a dealer certified car (3-4 yrs old). Would highly appreciate if someone could send me gps coordinates of good showrooms.

I heard that leased cars cannot be driven out of KSA. Is this true. Is there any other option available. Instead of leasing if the car is taken on installment, will the car be in my name or bank's name.

Request your expert opinion on this.

Thanks a lot and have a great day.

All vehicles purchased through banks under the hire purchase scheme are registered in the Banks Name with the owner's ID also linked to it. Thats the only way they can penalize you for traffic offences under the Sahar scheme. These vehicles can be driven anywhere in and out of the country.

huja wrote:

I heard that leased cars cannot be driven out of KSA. Is this true. Is there any other option available. Instead of leasing if the car is taken on installment, will the car be in my name or bank's name.

As @musicman said, this is not true.

Please have a look at this post for financing options.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=143836

And this one may benefit too.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=145115

how about cars in the same category such as Nissan Maxima or VW Passat. how do they compare to Camry/Accord in terms of resale value and perormance? My husband is landing in Riyadh in a few weeks and we are looking into buying a family sedan but we both are not big fans of toyota :( Appreciate your opinion.

Toyota is very popular in Saudi

Therefore selling a toyota is easier.

Also servicing, parts for toyota are cheaper compared to other motor vehicles

Om Adam wrote:

how about cars in the same category such as Nissan Maxima or VW Passat.

Well, I had Nissan Maxima for 3 years. A GREAT car but my experience was too bad in terms of the quality of the customer service and expensive spare parts. Can't recommend to anyone.

Toyota Camry is the Best Bet here in KSA, for maintenance and resale both.

Good luck.

I will also go for Camry :) I had 2 accident with Camry and both are major accident.. But still i was un harmed after the incident.. Camry is safe..