Moving to Wiesbaden!

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself! My husband and I and our 2 year old are moving to Wiesbaden-he leaves next month and the baby and I follow in April. We lived in the UK from 2006-2009-but we were newlyweds with no kids-so I expect this to be quite a different experience! LOL...I am looking forward to meeting new people and living in Europe again-and watching my son experience new cultures! Oh and German beer and chocolates :)

I love to travel around Europe and we haven't been back since we left in 2009, so I am super excited about it-and nervous about traveling with a toddler.

Feel free to say hi and offer any advice about moving!!!

Becca

Hello Becca.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

Aurélie

Hi there,

I wanted to add to this post as my wife and I are considering Wiesbaden / Mainz as the target for our look & see trip over the next week or so.  Any feedback on good / avoidable places in town in either area would be much appreciated.

Any advice at all helps...

We are pretty new to the language but have a lot of support through our relocation process.  Our biggest concern is adapting to German / European lifestyle as seemlessly as possible.  We're hoping to find something in town that let's us spend our 2 - 3 years here living as close to the culture as we can.