Criteria for selecting our new City?

Where can I gather the information (as current as possible) about possible cities we are looking at?  Population, crime rate, transportation and the like?  Is there anywhere that lists where most expats live?  I think our goal is to meet as many folks as we can whether they be expats or locals is not really a difference - but it would be nice to know there is someone else around who has been through the process of the move, etc.

Thanks for your responses.

Hi Cruisin Camper...are you on Facebook?  If so, I recommend you join the group "Belize Expats".  It's for current and wannabee Belize Expats, and you can get a lot of questions answered there.  Not trying to take traffic away from this site, but the more information/resources the better, right?

I'd have to say that you'll find the most expats in San Pedro (Ambergris Caye), San Ignacio, and Corozal, but there are also small expat communities in Hopkins Village, Placencia/Maya Beach, Punta Gorda, and scattered throughout Belize.

Thanks Caribe Gal!  I have been on facebook (under another name) and have not been accepted into the group as of yet - hoping I was looking at the right site?  What I love about this site is that there is so much varied information. 

Thanks again!
Laurie

Camper,
The FB site that Caribegal mentioned is excellent.  They'll approve you in a few days, usually.

Lollard wrote:

Camper,
The FB site that Caribegal mentioned is excellent.  They'll approve you in a few days, usually.

Possibly it's a little slower right now with the holiday, but yes, it's a great site.  See you there!

Emily

Ok - I found the group on fb - I was linked to another one, LOL!  Thanks guys.