Having a real hard time to decide if moving to KL is the right thing..

Hello everyone,

I'm really asking for opinions here, I'm a law graduate, and worked in Air lines, as tech support, worked for IBM.
But in the end I decided (or not yet) to drop everything and study Multimedia Graphics... So basically I'll be staying approx 4 years...

Anyway I've learned if you're an international student you can't actually work... and this is really bothering me... I don't know how will I be able to support my self... other than having no friends, family, acquaintances and everything else.

How do international students manage then?
Is it really worth it to drop everything and move to KL, as well as being in Cyberjaya? 50km away from KL?

Isn't there anyway to make money (legally) while studying?

I really need help, to decide as I should be moving next Feb

Thank you for taking time and reading my post :)

I thought students could work so many hours a week, just not full-time.

Check on that...

I am pretty sure that students can work a certain amount of hours, can't say 100% though

20 hrs a week only lol

Hello Jenlord :)

Please note that this is an old thread.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hassan, did you come to Malaysia and find work? Feedback helps others take decisions like yours.

Oh well sorry it's been ages that I logged on, anyway, no I didn't move to Malaysia, and I'm not sure it was the right thing to do or not, but I'm too old to be just studying and not working, anyway I had another personal reason  that made me choose to stay put (it was wrong).

yes you can work part time.
in restaurant or as customer service.

I think Cairo (and Alexandria) are beautiful cities. Can't imagine why you'd want to move to Malaysia. Malaysia is just ok but not a fantastic place in my opinion. Why not consider other cities in the Middle East?

I think working part time will not be an issue in Malaysia

Thumbsup - as you probably know, there are strict rules about working part-time when on a student pass. They basically allow work in semester breaks and in certain sectors, anything else is strictly speaking - illegal. This is to protect the workforce of Malaysians. With the immigration checks that are very frequent now, the likelihood of getting busted is high. Being deported in the middle of a course of study for immigration offences, is probably not a good experience.