Acccomodation In Sofia

Hi Members,

My names Scott and ima  37 year old dual citizen British/Australian.

I have decided that I would like to take the leap and live in a European Country. After much research I think I have decided on Bulgaria. Im considering Sofia.

Could anyone please advise of any good areas in Sofia for living. I would like to live somewhere close supermarkets, shops, cafes, reatuarants, Bar and Gym/fitness club etc.

Also any good accomodation websites would be a real help as im looking for a furnished apartment for a minimum of a year. At the moment looking at making the move in April.

I appreciate your help and advice.

Thanks

Scott

Hi Scott, do not forget about Sofia Housing section, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Harmonie,

Thanks I just found a good website under the accomodation section on here.

Hello Scott 1975,

I am happy that you choose Bulgaria and particularly Sofia for living. I would suggest you to choose Lozenets it is close to the city center of Sofia, it is a nice neighborhood and at some parts you can park your car without paying for that. It has supermarkets, shops, cafes, restaurants and gyms, but if you are not satisfied you can always go to the city center. The rents are a little bit expensive but it is good area.
For the website you can always take a look here and at imoti.net it is helpful, but please be careful with the real estate agents, because they will try to take more money for their commission. This is the other advice that I will give you take an English-speaking lawyer or somebody who will help you with that, definitely English-speaking.
Good luck

Hello Emanuela,
Thank you for the response, I am going to have a look at the website that you have recommended. I will make sure that I try and take someone that speaks English with me when I rent an apartment. Could you please advise how much commision you think I should have to pay a Real Estate agent that helps me find a furnished apartment for a 12 month contract? Also could you please advise how far from the city centre Lozenets is. e.g is it a mile or 2 miles etc. Thanks asgin for your reply and advice.

Kind Regards
Scott

Check out mirela.bg.

Keep my details on file. I should be there until Apr 22 max. Welcome to kip on the sofa for a few days.

Thanks I will have a look at that site now, and certain I will say hi when I get there.