House for Sale/Rent?

My wife, son, and I are looking to buy or rent a house in or near Sofia.

Perhaps an expat is moving, etc.?

Thanks,

David

Hello Onethorn1,

Feel free to have a look at the ads posted in the Housing in Sofia section of the website. You may also create your own "looking for" ad in the same section should you wish to receive offers.

All the.  best

Bhavna

Are places like this a scam or real? ttps://en.realestates.bg/9020102

@onethorn1

There are plenty of property agents (for sales and rentals) in Bulgaria. I suggest starting your search by having a look at the following sites to see what kind of properties are available for your budget: Imoti (dot net), Property (dot bg), and BulgarianProperties (dot com). I've used the last one several times, and I'm happy to recommend them.

@D H16 when you contact the agent the place will have just been let but they can show you some similar places, they're never available. Our neighbours are selling their place and we've seen that offered for rent on a fake ad.

We found the same thing when we were looking 5 years ago so it's nothing new, they lift pictures from other websites, often in other countries and make up a price.

You can safely ignore anything listed in the 'top' part on realestates.bg as it likely does not exist.

We wouldn't have found our place without an agent though as it wasn't advertised anywhere so they can be useful.

OLX is a decent alternative, you can filter to only show private ads rather than businesses.