Life Style in Venice for Students

Hi all,

I got admission in Universita Cafoscari Venezia, Venice for the masters program in Computers.

I would like to know the life style, cost of living n jobs. Is there any chance to get part time job as a english speaking guy?

N wat about cost of living n life style in Venice? It would be very helpful if i get some information from u...Thanks in advance.......

Hey, I'm also a student at Ca' Foscari and I can give you a few tips!

#1 Housing: costs less in Mestre, or Marghera (you can find a single room anywhere from 250euro in Mestre). *remember that utilities (ie water, gas,etc.) is not usually included in the price*
Mestre is a little bit nicer than Marghera, plus you have the city center with shopping, supermarkets, pubs, etc.

#2 ACTV student bus pass: costs 22/month for ONLY bus and 24/month for vaporetto and bus

#3 nightlife = campo santa margherita (as well as other events- you can find flyers around the uni) There is always something to do, but it may not be as lively as other Italian cities.

#4 jobs: I'm not really sure about jobs, since I'm only studying at the moment. But I HIGHLY recommend learning Italian if you don't know some already (as in reaching level B1/B2). You can probably find something in a bar, shop, hotel but a lot of places will ask that you speak Italian as well.

#5 language: Italian is definitely important if you plan on living and integrating into the society. I've been living here for 2 years and have very few friends who speak English fluently. I have even learned Venetian (which is important to understand- at least) because many people speak and use Venetian interchangeably with Italian.
The CLA (centro linguistico ateneo) offers classes in Italian (as well as other languages) for a good price for Ca' Foscari students.

As for total monthly living costs: I spend about 500-600 euro/month

Hope this helps!

Hi,

That so helpful, I really appreciate it....
You said that u r also from Cafoscari..So could you please tell me how to get scholarship as an international student. As you said i think i have to learn Italian as well....I hope i may see u in Cafoscari:)...
Thank you...have a nice day....

Thanks for your contribution I am also admitted to the same university please I will like to know if the evaluation result which issued by academic commite is the admission letter I will tender at embassy for visa application because am presently in India on a course and I want to apply from India. I was admitted for 2012/2013 session but is it not too late if i come around February 2013 actually I was advise that there is a chances of meeting up with second sememster and any IT jobs in venice. Thanks

unive.it/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=91849

click this link for info about your programme. you will then have to choose your course of study (for example: 'enrolment in a degree programme') once you click on that you can click on 'enrolment procedures for international students'. It should explain what you need to do. If you have any other questions contact the Italian consulate in your country.

Thanks I really appreciates

i got admission in ca' foscari university of venice. iam expecting to come ther by september 2013. plz help me . cost of living and part time jobs there...

Hi,

I just would like to know how much time it takes for the Declaration of Value to be yielded by the Italian Diplomatic Delegation?

Thanks!