Visa info for Irlend

HI there all,

I wonder if anynone can help me.  I would like to move to Ireland.  With regard to the visa would it be easier to go as a tourist and once I am there change to a work visa.  I will get a job before I leave.  I am on a South African passport.  If this is not a good idea, does anyone have any tips on visas.  I am looking into getting the green card permit then the applying for the employment visa. 

Look forward to advise.

Cheers
Donovan

You might want to take a look at the unemployment figures for Ireland before you hit the "send" button and land there.

Hello,

You can find information on the work permit process here at the Citizen Info site
And more here

I would take some time to look into jobs in your industry before heading over here though! The recession has been pretty hard here, worse than in NZ and Aus. There are jobs but it could take a few months to get one, so unless you have savings it could be painful!

Most of the recruitment agencies here have websites so give them a try first. A site like Monster or IrishJobs is a good place to get an overview, while more speciailised agencies can set you up with interviews for when you arrive.

Good luck!

The participative Ireland expat guide can also help ;)

I hope anyone could sponsor me for visit...I really want to start a new life in your country. I hope there will be one person here in blog that will spend the time to discuss my proposal in helping to go there.