Someone Please Recommend Guest House?

The place I was going to use is in the riverside area.  I have read that area is a real bummer due to being hassled by those that want to provide... whatever to tourists.

I need to find a safe place to go at about midnight (when my plane lands) and to stay for a few days.  Should I take a taxi at that time of night?  Need to know...

Can someone help me out, please?

Hi, don't worry too much about safety here. It's generally safe here, as long as you don't flaunt your possessions or make yourself an easy target. Keep all your belongings in a backpack so it's difficult for anyone to snatch from you. I'd say you can take a tuk tuk from the airport - there's always tuk tuk drivers waiting to take you somewhere at the airport. I've only stayed in one place called King Guesthouse, and the staff there are nice and friendly. Not the most high class place, but it's very affordable.

Anyway, I don't think riverside is that annoying. Most of the time I just smile and say no thanks, and they mostly will leave you alone. Sometimes I even strike up a conversation with them, so really, it's okay. And given the number of guesthouses and foreigners at the riverside, I'd say the riverside is a pretty safe place to be at.

Hope that helps.