Opening a bank account

HI,
Can we open bank account online in one of the bank in cambodia?
Thanks,
Sandy

No, I tried. You can prepare online, but you will have to go physicly into a bank yourself to open a account.

If I am wrong, please tell me, because I want to open a bankaccount too and can only go to cambodia sometime next year..

It's no big deal to open an account, but you have to be there.

They need your passport with a 4-months validity of your visa, your rental contract and some money (Canadia bank $10). You get your account the same day, but your bank card takes about a week.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

I can confirm what Joe said.  I recently did it.

Although ANZ Royal wanted a letter from my employer stating that I am working here.  I don't work, I'm here on a retirement visa.  They told me they couldn't open an account for me.  I just found another bank, there are plenty.

So if one bank stuffs you around, just find another one.

Are there any banks that will let you open an account without a rental contract, for instance someone staying at a hotel for a few months?

SatinStar wrote:

Are there any banks that will let you open an account without a rental contract, for instance someone staying at a hotel for a few months?

Ask them, they know best :)

Joe

I'm not actually there at the moment and it would be helpful to know this information beforehand if possible.

SatinStar wrote:

I'm not actually there at the moment and it would be helpful to know this information beforehand if possible.

The Acleda Bank in Kep asks me for a Certificate of Résidence (Immigration do that) and Passport.

Cheers

marceloscorner wrote:
SatinStar wrote:

The Acleda Bank in Kep asks me for a Certificate of Résidence (Immigration do that) and Passport.

Cheers

Do you think they'd accept some form of letter from a hotel if I have a long booking with them?

Thanks

SatinStar wrote:
marceloscorner wrote:
SatinStar wrote:

Cheers

Do you think they'd accept some form of letter from a hotel if I have a long booking with them?

Thanks

Sorry, I have not idea !

The Immigration Police must deliver the certificate. Is to them to take decissions ...

I have opened accounts at ANZ Royal, HKL, and ABA and I ahve not had to supply a rental contract for any of them.
I had to supply a letter from my employer for ANZ as well as passport and VISA. But only Passport and VISA for ABA and HKL.

Good luck