Banking opening a bank acct

CANADIA BANK ACCT   , i opened it today ...Needed two pictures, passport , and they like to see your visa sticker in your passport . Cost 10 us  plus 6 us if you want an atm card  thats it ..  Sorya mall

No proof of employment or domiciliation?

No , however they were a little concerned my visa had only 2 months left ..... It renews in december .... They told me no charge to use atm in PP , but in the country side  they charge ..... donrt  know if this is reality ... Also said could take 800 us out approx each day but that might be using card twice! This all takes  , feedback from Canadia  patrons .......

Good info!
Thanks.

I have a Canadia card and get charged when I use their ATM's and others too $5. So I try not to use the card.

Well i will ask when i go back to get my atm card at canadia bank . they told me no charge in city , only country .  Well i wont be using it if thats the case either !

Does the ATM card have a Visa or Mastercard logo?

No.
But you can get a Visa/Mastercard from Canadia.
$13 a year for 'classic' card.
You need to block a certain amount in a fixed deposit account for a year (4.75% interest, not bad). 80% of that you can spent monthly with your credit card.
You need to bring passport with visa (they say valid for six months but they didn't make a problem out of the fact mine was only 5 and will expire in 2 months) and only one photograph.

the official requirements are here:
http://www.canadiabank.com.kh/card_center.aspx
but it seems they don t follow it strictly. Maybe because I have a savings account there.

Cheers!

Thanks much. I cancelled all my accounts back home a couple of years ago and was quite happy living a cash based life, but (this is pathetic, I know), I really want to update my iTunes crap!

Hi,im with Canadia bank and have for the last 2 yrs. They don't charge you if you use their ATM's, only if you use another companies ATm's.i hope this helps.