Guangzhou. Where to party if NOT in noisy clubs?

Some people are strong - they can go to a disco club, destroy their ears with super loud bass sounds, breathe all that second-hand smoke, push themselves through crowds of drunk'n'wasted dudes and ladies and still be able to communicate and meet new people...
I admire them. I really do. Those guys are tough!

But me... I want to find the places where I can do that without so much unneсesary pressure.

To all you, old, scar-faced, seen-all-that Expat-Veterans of GZ - Please be mercyfull and show me the path!

Pardon my enGlisch :)

paddy feilds is quieter and you can usually get a seat, just not on thursdays- salsa night!
have you heard of the happy monk? beautiful patio for this time of year!
also people's, has a big patio too, and cheaper pictcher of beer.
anystyle of pub is not so loud, tavern, hooleys...

Sapan wrote:

Some people are strong - they can go to a disco club, destroy their ears with super loud bass sounds, breathe all that second-hand smoke, push themselves through crowds of drunk'n'wasted dudes and ladies and still be able to communicate and meet new people...
I admire them. I really do. Those guys are tough!

But me... I want to find the places where I can do that without so much unneсesary pressure.

To all you, old, scar-faced, seen-all-that Expat-Veterans of GZ - Please be mercyfull and show me the path!

Pardon my enGlisch :)

Well there is a BAR(maybe you have a more correct term) I know in 市一宫 where Radio Hams would gather on weekends. They don't serve alcohol there and its super quiet. People just sit there net-surfing on their own PC's and probably talking to their own friends. Very quiet place if tranquility is what you need.

my name is cici , a Chinese girl in guangzhou i 'd like to make friends who comes from Nepal,  if you are from nepal please feel free to contact me  liyaqin2008@126.com

Come to Hong Kong. We have a large Nepalese community living here.

Sapan if you`ve found a nice laid back pub with old time music ( country, progressive rock, blues  ) please post back.

Cheers cobber :)

I feel you man! =D
Just like to enjoy the taste of a nice and cold beer in a chill enviroment. If you find any cool place feel free to share.

Take care!

I know at least three nice places, not mainstream, but they are damn hard to find. At least i would never have found them without some friends taking me there.
Ever heard of Ping Pong, C:Union and Loft ?
These places are mixed with expats and locals, you can sit and have a nice drink there, and as far as i know they are the only places in GZ with live music from time to time.

I vote for ping pong - one of my favorites!

Been to GZ for 2 years and never been to those places. Send me a PM and let me tag along if you guys are organising something.