Advice - Salary

Hello Everyone,

I have been offered 600000NOK (Fixed) and 1,75,000(Variable) as annual salary.
Is this good enough for family of 3.

Please advice.

Thanks

Gaurav: Man, 600,000 Norwegian kroner for a year is good

You can rent a furnished apartment on finn.no

Just choose the "Eiendom" section, but it's all in Norwegian

Hi Gaurav_K,

welcome to Expat.com! :)

You may check out other threads concerning cost of living on the Oslo forum as well.

New in Norway: Hi, Thanks for your response.

What is the approximate tax deduction in Norway.

lol Naman, but my reply was for Gaurav

Income tax will depend on your salary - so the more you earn the more tax you will pay - so maybe someone like Gaurav would have to pay 40% or more in income tax.

For someone who earns minimum salary I would say around 25-30% or something , the tax in Norway is less than in Denmark/Sweden.

Tax reduction you mentioned - there is something called "Fri kort" for the first small amount that one earns, but you need to contact the Tax & Revenue and they will guide you, there homepage is http://www.skatteetaten.no/

The website is in Norwegian so here is a direct link to their email: https://www.skatteetaten.no/no/Din-henv … e018ccebcc

naman1985 wrote:

New in Norway: Hi, Thanks for your response.

What is the approximate tax deduction in Norway.

Thanks a ton, we both are a couple. i am his wife. Thanks for the advice.
With 40% tax we are left with 30,000 NOK per month. Do you think this suffcient for family of 3.

Naman: Oh that explains it lol

30,000 NOK monhtly is ok for 3 since you will be living in the same apartment and eat in the same house. Be aware that in Norway when you rent a flat, then the landlord/landlady will usually ask for a 3 months deposit in addition to the rent - this 3 months deposit which equals 3 months rent will be repaid when you leave if you have not broken anything.

You can via the bank have an account for the deposit, I think the bank asks for 500 kroner to open it, and then it will be a closed account which neither one of you can withdraw, but you need to go to the bank together to release the money.